The drive up the mountain to Monteverde was very rugged but worth it. The rooms are clean, but sparse - no TV, no phone, no refrigerator, no heat, no air conditioning. The Cloud Forest area is often cool, so a little bit of room heat would have been nice.
The lodge had a very nice sitting area overlooking the countryside - great for relaxing with a drink from the bar. Sometimes you could hear and then see the zip-liners coming down.
The restaurant was very good. We had sea bass filet, chicken, pastas. There were 3 choices for the included breakfast and all were good.
The wi-fi worked well both in the rooms and in the lodge area.
The restaurant, bar and front desk staff was very nice and helpful. They went out of their way to help us with a reservation problem we had with one of our tours.
We liked this place and would not hesitate to stay here again if we were in the Monteverde area.
Tip: Bring warm clothes (jacket, sweatshirt, long pants).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your one-stop location at Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge offers 72 acres of primary and secondary forest, canopy tour, over 3 miles of private trails and more than 180 species of birds in a quiet and wonderful place. Our beautiful gardens and bungalow-style bedrooms make a great place to relax, rest and enjoy nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Hotel Monteverde
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge Costa Rica - Santa Elena