This place really is in the middle of the cloud forest! Beautiful surroundings! It's a good work out to walk down to Santa Elena village, since it's constantly up- and downhills walk.
We stayed here for two nights and there were only a couple of other guests here at the same time. The room were basic but very spacious and well cleaned. There is no safety in the room. The beds were so hard that it was difficult to sleep and the body hurts in the middle of the night.
The staff was very friendly and helpful at all times. There is free wifi available in the restaurant and reception area.
Breakfast was nothing special, you order the type you prefer (American or local) and you get a plate served at the table.
We had dinner here both nights and the food is very pricey due to what you get. Not the best meals we had in Costa Rica.
It's much colder up here so don't forget your jeans and warm sweater!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your one-stop location at Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge offers 72 acres of primary and secondary forest, canopy tour, over 3 miles of private trails and more than 180 species of birds in a quiet and wonderful place. Our beautiful gardens and bungalow-style bedrooms make a great place to relax, rest and enjoy nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Hotel Monteverde
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge Costa Rica - Santa Elena