A peaceful retreat in beautiful grounds just outside Santa Helena, and a great base from which to explore the cloud forest. Rooms simple but spacious and very comfortable. Wilberth the General Manager leads a great team and went out of his way to make us welcome. The only downside is that the restaurant can on occasions feel a bit gloomy (although the service and the food are great), but the 20 minute walk back into town is also an option. The guided night walk with Eric was a very memorable experience, and the zip-wire ("Original Canopy Tour," within the grounds of the hotel itself) was awesome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your one-stop location at Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge offers 72 acres of primary and secondary forest, canopy tour, over 3 miles of private trails and more than 180 species of birds in a quiet and wonderful place. Our beautiful gardens and bungalow-style bedrooms make a great place to relax, rest and enjoy nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Hotel Monteverde
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge Costa Rica - Santa Elena