The location is extremely beautiful and secluded, nestled in the mountains of the Cloud Forest. But it is only a few minutes over a typically awful Costa Rican road to get into town. The cabins are a nice size, sparsely furnished but comfortable. They were very clean and there was plenty of hot water. Loved sitting on the porch - bugs were not really a problem at this time of year (due to the cold and wet weather in late June). I did bring a mosquito net that I draped over my bed which allowed me to sleep comfortably with the windows open as I did not have to worry about being bitten while I was asleep. The food was very very very good. Breakfast was included and it was substantial. Best part was the homemade jam - I wish they sold it. I would have taken a case home. Dinners were also very nice and filling. Pleasant bar as well. Staff - a joy! Everyone was just so nice and friendly. Immediately felt very comfortable there. I would give it a five star rating in many categories but it is very rustic and plain so I can't quite get it to that level. However, by Costa Rican standards it is a very very nice place and I would strongly recommend it for a two night trip to the Cloud Forest. Only complaint was a lack of recommendations by the staff for other options outside of their property. I suspect it is because they offer a zip line tour and a forest tour but I would have appreciated easier access to information about the area. Easy to find things in town, and our Fodors took care of the rest. Would absolutely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your one-stop location at Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge offers 72 acres of primary and secondary forest, canopy tour, over 3 miles of private trails and more than 180 species of birds in a quiet and wonderful place. Our beautiful gardens and bungalow-style bedrooms make a great place to relax, rest and enjoy nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Despegar.com so you can book your Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Hotel Monteverde
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge Costa Rica - Santa Elena