My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights as part of a tour of Costa Rica. Beware the “Costa Rican” massage road that you need to take to get there, it was undoubtedly the worst road I have ever been on!
Room – Quite large with lots of windows and the all wood interior gave it a very natural feel. On the downside were 2 items: (1) no heating meant that we were extremely cold all night, and (2) the walls are very thin so you can hear the activities of the next room very clearly. Be advised that the rooms do not have a TV or phone.
Food – Continental breakfast consisted of a plate of fruit and some toast, kind of weird but oddly filling. The lunches and dinners that we had were very good and reasonably priced. You can always head into town (a short drive away) if you are looking for something different.
Activities – The lodge is located right in the cloud forest and they have created a number of hiking trails that allow you to explore the surroundings up close. Also located right at the lodge is the Canopy Tour which, in my opinion, you must do. You get to do 7 zips and 2 repels and it offers a great combination of stunning views and excitement.
Don’t expect much excitement after the sun goes down; there really isn’t much to do. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, especially after a long day of exploring the trails, but it would be nice to have some way to unwind a bit.
Overall – We had an enjoyable time at the Cloud Forest Lodge but 2 nights was definitely enough for us. It was very cool and wet (of course, what do you expect in a cloud) which do to the lack of heat in the rooms began to take a toll on us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your one-stop location at Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge offers 72 acres of primary and secondary forest, canopy tour, over 3 miles of private trails and more than 180 species of birds in a quiet and wonderful place. Our beautiful gardens and bungalow-style bedrooms make a great place to relax, rest and enjoy nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Hotel Monteverde
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge Costa Rica - Santa Elena