From reading other TripAdvisor reviews of the Rustic Lodge, we had a similar positive experience.
José was extremely friendly and helpful - he even provided some ice for us when he spotted us enjoying a few gins and tonics outside our room after arriving on the long road from Arenal to Santa Elena.
We did most things José recommended and he booked everything for us - making it very easy for us to enjoy our stay.
I'd highly recommend the canopy gliding zip line at Selvatura - not as scary as it sounds and quite a unique experience whizzing through a cloud!
The rooms were cleaned daily and were very comfortable. They provided towels and linen and blankets. The breakfast was good - eggs freshly made and homemade granola.
Santa Elena is a small town, the Rustic Lodge is about a 10 minute leisurely walk down the hill to the town.
It can get cold in Santa Elena, as it is up so high in the mountains, so bring something warm to wear!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monteverde Rustic Lodge is a small family run hotel in the heart of Santa Elena Monteverde. Our lodge is recommended for solo travelers, couples, nature lovers and families. Our mission is to make sure that every single guest we have has a great individual experience and that each of you will go home with wonderful memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Monteverde Rustic Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monteverde Rustic Hotel Santa Elena
- Monteverde Rustic Lodge Costa Rica - Santa Elena