Whether you will like "the Casa" depends on what your expectations are: If you are a student backpacker just looking for a place to crash, do laundry (for $5), and check a little email (free), this is the place for you. If you are an older, more sophisticated traveler looking for a reasonably priced hotel near Santa Elena, the Casa is NOT for you. We fell in the latter category and were horrified when we pulled up to the Casa after a 4 hour boat/taxi ride from Arenal. What is advertised as a "B&B" is nothing more than a glorified hostel with private rooms. Our room reeked of bleach (to mask an underlying smell of urine). The shower had a hole for a drain and pipe holding the curtain. When we were lucky enough to get hot water, it was extremely fleeting. The room had only a bed (which was a foam mattress just inches from the ground) and a small "nightstand"--no closet, TV, alarm clock, or phone. The Casa is located on a busy road next door to a mechanic's shop--so getting a good night's sleep was out of the question. We awoke each morning at 5 am to large diesel trucks, mopeds and a pesky (but punctual) rooster crowing nearby. Breakfast was a continental buffet, and we ended up going to the cheap town Soda each morning instead. All in all, you get what you pay for at Casa Tranquilo--not much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Tranquilo is a rustic tico-style house turned into a relaxed hostel outside the village of Santa Elena in Monteverde, Costa Rica.here you'll find Free Breakfast, Free Internet & Wifi. Kitchen and parking area are also available... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Casa Tranquilo Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Tranquilo Hotel Santa Elena
- Casa Tranquilo Hostel Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena