Casa Tranquilo Hostel
$132
Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde(Santa Elena)(Great Value!)
$78
$126
$81
$45
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $53/night.

$106
$103
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Arco Iris Lodge(Santa Elena)(Great Value!)
$86
Priceline
Santa Elena Hostel Resort(Santa Elena)(Great Value!)
$54
$34
Hostelworld.com
Pension Santa Elena(Santa Elena)(Great Value!)
$33
Travelocity
$88
Priceline
Hotel Las Orquideas(Santa Elena)
All reviewsbanana breadvegetarian restaurantthe kitcheneggsrecommend booking aheadthe ownercosta ricafree breakfastprivate roomin townhot watercommon roomfelt like homeevery morningstayed here for nightsbooking tourszip lining
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Even I was not able to stay at this hostel as they were fully booked. I found the family running this hostel extremely friendly and helpful to help me to make my stay in Santa Elena great. They explain to me and suggested free activities and offered my gray tours for highly competitive rates.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My bf and I rented a car and it wasn't hard to find the place. Easy check-in for our double private room: simple and clean, but we felt a draft in a corner or two of the room. It was very windy outside at night and the loose shutters and loud noises overnight made it a little difficult for a good night's rest. Kitchen facilities were plentiful; it said they offered free breakfast but there was no "free" breakfast out at around 8am... Who knows.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank loveantoinette
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed at the Casa Tranquilo on a backpacking trip to Costa Rica in december 2012 with a friend. The staff is super friendly and helpful and they speak english. Rooms are very clean for this type of establishment, and they have some rooms with private bathroom for really low prices. Ask for their free tours of Monteverde : one of the staff members will show you around. They know the area and will take you to places you would never find if you just wandered by yourself, and it will only cost you whatever tip you decide to leave at the end of the day. There is also a communal kitchen so you can cook your own meals for cheap (supermarket is less than 5 minutes away on foot). It's not far from the Monteverde "commercial" area with all the restaurants and shops. All in all, a very positive experience and quite probably the nicest hostel I've seen during my stay in Costa Rica.

5/5, I will visit again if I ever return to Monteverde.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The parking is in a field for up to two cars. We got a room on the ground floor that seemed of employees. The hot water did not work well, mini towels were not enough. We went to breakfast and kitchen utensils were dirty and messy, the fruit was ripe and insects was rampant, the bread was not fresh. The night watchman told us that the reception was closed despite being a clear as day, scratching the back disheveled and half asleep

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frank M
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

The guys here made us feel welcome straight away. The common area with two computers is so comfy it feels like it could be your living room. The customer service here is some of the best that I've come accross. For example we were leaving before breakfast so he packed us up some banana bread and left it out in the morning.

Also while here I highly recommend getting them to organise a bird watching tour with adrien...he was so passionate and we saw 8 quetzals!

• Stayed: September 2013