I stayed here with a few friends, we'd be staying in the south of the country in the days previous to arriving and had a long bus/taxi/local driver journey. It was really nice to reach Casa Tranquilo after a long day. The owners were welcoming, very relaxed but helpful and organised. The rooms and facilities were good, not luxurious but neither is the price, so I was more than happy with what we got. The hostel has a central kitchen and communal area which is really nice and it was great to meet the other people staying at the time. There's loads of info of things to do in the area and we arranged our activities for our stay through the hostel. On one of the days one of the guys who works there took us tree climbing, it was brilliant, so much fun and saw some incredible views.
Bread and eggs were available for you to cook for breakfast free of charge.We had a really good stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Tranquilo is a rustic tico-style house turned into a relaxed hostel outside the village of Santa Elena in Monteverde, Costa Rica.here you'll find Free Breakfast, Free Internet & Wifi. Kitchen and parking area are also available... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Casa Tranquilo Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Tranquilo Hotel Santa Elena
- Casa Tranquilo Hostel Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena