Casa Tranquilo Hostel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel El Tucan(Santa Elena)
  • Breakfast included
Monteverde Inn(Monteverde)
Cala Lodge(Monteverde)
Heliconia Hotel(Monteverde)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbanana breadvegetarian restaurantthe kitcheneggsrecommend booking aheadthe ownercosta ricafree breakfastprivate roomshared bathroomin townhot watercommon roomfelt like homeevery morningstayed here for nightsbooking tours
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Case Tranquilo is an excellent place to stay in Santa Elena. The hostel has everything you need to enjoy the time in Monteverde. Very friendly stuff with good insider knowledge about Costa Rica. Free fruits and breakfast was a really nice extra. Absolutely recommended!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I picked casa tranquilo because of the recent positive reviews on trip advisor - booked my room the morning before my arrival and my expectations were completely surpassed - the staff was friendly and helpful in regards to recommendations on locations and suggestions - and the set up of the hostel (where the kitchen is located) it's easy to meet people to chat or to make plans together -- as a traveler by myself for these 3 days in CR - I couldn't be happier. The room was very clean, the water hot (which was my first hot shower is costa rica!), and they even provided me with a bath towel :-) highly recommended and plan to stay there in the future on my next trip to CR.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at casa tranquilo and really liked the place. We booked a double bedroom with private shower for $12/night/person. It was very clean and nicely furnished. The communal kitchen is also very practical and has a nice view (with a balcony all around). Breakfast food is included, but you might want to add own food as it is very basic (toast, milk, eggs and fruits).

I would definitely recommend to stay there if you want a quiet, nice, central and affordable place in Monteverde.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Great place with a lovely kitchen and common room. Good breakfast too. The manager and staff are all very friendly and helpful. Our family were taken out on an amazing walk to the big fig tree, which we never would have found ourselves. This hostel is in a really quiet spot, we slept so well!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
David D, Owner at Casa Tranquilo Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Hi Everyone, i kow i havent responded to many of these comments in the last few days. Just want to give a great big thank you for all your nice comments and suggestions. We will keep on working hard to keep improving and doing our best. Thank you so much for everything... and we Hope to see you back soon...

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Definitely would stay here every time when in town. Coolest staff I've seen. Felt like a second home. I stayed here for 3 night and it was great. They serve a good breakfast and had good clean beds and shower with warm water. Cool kitchen with everything that you need to make your own meals.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo