I stayed at Casa Tranquilo for 3 nights at $10 a night. As soon as we arrived, Elvis, who is not the owner, but works there, offered us fruit and banana bread then took us on a free hike to a gorgeous fig tree. He was a wealth of info about the area and led me on three other free hikes, one to see the sunset over the Gulf of Nicoya. Breakfast was really good: cook it yourself but there were eggs, fruit, toast...and all left available during the day for snacking. And the owner, David baked amazing banana bread everyday! One negative: We were in a private room over the street and the nights were quite noisy. There are many dogs in town and there was a lot of barking going on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Tranquilo is a rustic tico-style house turned into a relaxed hostel outside the village of Santa Elena in Monteverde, Costa Rica.here you'll find Free Breakfast, Free Internet & Wifi. Kitchen and parking area are also available... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Casa Tranquilo Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Tranquilo Hotel Santa Elena
- Casa Tranquilo Hostel Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena