This place was comfortable, clean, bright, and Lisa the manager/concierge was very helpful with booking trips and excursions (though I believe it helps if you speak Spanish). The rooms are a bit worn and the sheets, furniture, bathroom a bit old, but squeaky clean and absolutely doable for the price. I'd say it's a good value, especially in the remote Monteverde area where luxury seems to really come at a premium. You have to keep this in mind - this is not really the land of spa hotels! Las Orquideas really is, like other reviewers have said, staying at Grandma's house in a good way. For breakfast, we had eggs (any style we wanted), rice and beans, and some variation or vegetable or cheese, fresh fruit, coffee and (artificial) orange juice. It is served in the common room and you get to see Lisa cook it right then and there. Bathroom floors and walls are blue/white tiled, with a shower (no tub). Not luxury, but clean. The hotel is a 12 min walk from town, along a windy road but adequately-lit road with no sidewalks (none of the roads really have sidewalks).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Las Orquideas is owned and operated by a local Tico family that lived in U.S. for 29 years. We are located at the entrance of the Monteverde area, only 300 meters from the small town of Santa Elena, the commercial center of Monteverde, as you drive in from the Pan-American Highway. Here you will find unique, breathtaking views of the local waterfalls right out back with a private trail. The Tilaran mountain range where both, the Santa Elena and Monteverde Cloud Forest reserves are located, the Ecological Sanctuary, the San Luis Valley and the spectacular Gulf of Nicoya, all at one location. All rooms equipped with large windows to enjoy the beautiful scenery of Monteverde and the surrounding areas. We have two styles of rooms, rustic and modern. Beds are outfitted with therapeutic mattresses and hypo-allergenic sheets and comforters. Breakfasts are prepared and served right before your eyes. Come and visit us and feel like being on vacation in the comfort of your own home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Las Orquideas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Orquideas Santa Elena
- Las Orquideas Hotel Santa Elena
- Hotel Las Orquideas Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena