We walked the 500 or so metres from the bus stop on arrival and were warmly welcomed by the lovely Nadia (owner). From the moment we got there she was extremely helpful in recommending and booking local activities, of which there is an abundance.
We were given a choice of rooms and decided upon one in the main building with a view of the valley - we would've taken the massive family room on offer for the same price had it not been for the wi-fi access not working in that building.
Breakfast was included and was simple and tasty. Coffee, fruit bowl, eggs, hash brown, traditional rice & beans accompanied by fried plantain - a fitting combo to set you up for the day.
Nadia lent us her husbands charger on the first night and then went into town and bought us one to use the next day. She also took us to town one day to use the bank and dropped us off at the bus stop. Really made the whole stay feel like we had a personal service - very kind, genuinely helpful and mothering without being at all obtrusive.
We opted to get some beers in and play cards one night and used the large breakfast and kitchen area to do so. We also ended up leaving for San Jose one day earlier than our booking and Nadia was very understanding and did not even think of charging us despite it being after checkout time on the day!
Would thoroughly recommend staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Las Orquideas is owned and operated by a local Tico family that lived in U.S. for 29 years. We are located at the entrance of the Monteverde area, only 300 meters from the small town of Santa Elena, the commercial center of Monteverde, as you drive in from the Pan-American Highway. Here you will find unique, breathtaking views of the local waterfalls right out back with a private trail. The Tilaran mountain range where both, the Santa Elena and Monteverde Cloud Forest reserves are located, the Ecological Sanctuary, the San Luis Valley and the spectacular Gulf of Nicoya, all at one location. All rooms equipped with large windows to enjoy the beautiful scenery of Monteverde and the surrounding areas. Bathrooms are decorated with genuine Spanish ceramics, wood accents and modern, high efficiency hardware. Beds are outfitted with therapeutic mattresses and hypo-allergenic sheets and comforters. Breakfasts are prepared and served right before your eyes. Come and visit us and feel like being on vacation in the comfort of your own home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Las Orquideas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Orquideas Santa Elena
- Las Orquideas Hotel Santa Elena
- Hotel Las Orquideas Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena