It's a small, family run bed and breakfast right outside Santa Elena (town if you will). The señora who own the place was friendly, accommodating and attentive. She allowed my mom to use the kitchen to heat up some leftovers and was helpful in booking tours. The triple was outfitted with a queen size and a twin size bed, table and chair for three and a view of the valley. We were greeted by a herd of white head capuchins our first morning. Breakfast was home-style: eggs cooked to your liking, good coffee, juice, casado, toast and cheese and delicious. There is a wrapped around balcony in the back that provides an excellent view of the valley and waterfalls.
Downside-it's right off the main road to Santa Elena so it can be noisy and seem like you are experiencing a mild earthquake when delivery trucks passes. Since the town dies by 9pm it wasn't that much of a bother. The walls are thing so would recommend staying away from the common area (rm 4, 5 or 6). It is also a five minute walk from town, so if you want to be closer to the "action" then consider something closer. For my family, it was just the right distance.
Sum- lovely B&B with friendly proprietor and good food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Las Orquideas is owned and operated by a local Tico family that lived in U.S. for 29 years. We are located at the entrance of the Monteverde area, only 300 meters from the small town of Santa Elena, the commercial center of Monteverde, as you drive in from the Pan-American Highway. Here you will find unique, breathtaking views of the local waterfalls right out back with a private trail. The Tilaran mountain range where both, the Santa Elena and Monteverde Cloud Forest reserves are located, the Ecological Sanctuary, the San Luis Valley and the spectacular Gulf of Nicoya, all at one location. All rooms equipped with large windows to enjoy the beautiful scenery of Monteverde and the surrounding areas. Bathrooms are decorated with genuine Spanish ceramics, wood accents and modern, high efficiency hardware. Beds are outfitted with therapeutic mattresses and hypo-allergenic sheets and comforters. Breakfasts are prepared and served right before your eyes. Come and visit us and feel like being on vacation in the comfort of your own home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Las Orquideas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Orquideas Santa Elena
- Las Orquideas Hotel Santa Elena
- Hotel Las Orquideas Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena