We stayed at Las Orquideas this past June and had a lovely stay. The room was rustic, with carved wooden beds and basic accommodations. My husband and I stayed in one room, while our children had an adjoining room with a bunk bed and there was also another twin bed in the room. They preferred the bunk beds, of course. The staff is helpful and friendly, and the owner exemplified this, as well. It seems that there was pride and care taken in making guests feel comfortable and we certainly appreciated this. That said, the breakfast that was the best! Everyday we were treated to a homemade, freshly prepared breakfast (a nice variety that included eggs, omelets, typical Tico rice and beans that were so flavorful, fresh fruit, coffee, hot cocoa, etc.) We enjoyed our stay in Santa Elena and walked to the town everyday while we stayed at in the Monteverde area of Costa Rica. For us, Las Orquideas was a nice place to stay and to begin our Costa Rican adventure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Las Orquideas is owned and operated by a local Tico family that lived in U.S. for 29 years. We are located at the entrance of the Monteverde area, only 300 meters from the small town of Santa Elena, the commercial center of Monteverde, as you drive in from the Pan-American Highway. Here you will find unique, breathtaking views of the local waterfalls right out back with a private trail. The Tilaran mountain range where both, the Santa Elena and Monteverde Cloud Forest reserves are located, the Ecological Sanctuary, the San Luis Valley and the spectacular Gulf of Nicoya, all at one location. All rooms equipped with large windows to enjoy the beautiful scenery of Monteverde and the surrounding areas. Bathrooms are decorated with genuine Spanish ceramics, wood accents and modern, high efficiency hardware. Beds are outfitted with therapeutic mattresses and hypo-allergenic sheets and comforters. Breakfasts are prepared and served right before your eyes. Come and visit us and feel like being on vacation in the comfort of your own home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Las Orquideas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Orquideas Santa Elena
- Las Orquideas Hotel Santa Elena
- Hotel Las Orquideas Monteverde, Costa Rica - Santa Elena