My girlfriend and I stayed here for a couple of nights - while we were generally staying in better accommodations elsewhere we chose to
stay here based on other good reviews. For $20/nt private room with bathroom I thought this was excellent value. Rooms are basic but fine
for your average backpacker. Not appropriate for people expecting finer accommodations. The true value in staying here though is the knowledgable staff - who are able to direct you to the right local attractions and reputable tours - and were always available to sit down with you to help you plan out your activities.
We also had the (embarassing!) experience of getting on the wrong bus
one day and ending up 20km out of Santa Elena in some small village.
A phone call back to Rann (the man!) got us a taxi to rescue us - avoiding a 6 hour wait for the next bus back. Thanks Rann - we're still laughing about this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our mission is to "exceed our guests' expectations of a Travelers Hotel by providing outstanding services and dependable information. We commit resources and time to preserving the values and traditions of our communities." Pure Life...Pure Hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Pension Santa Elena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pension Santa Elena Hotel Santa Elena
- Pension Santa Elena Monteverde, Costa Rica