I just stayed here for 2 nights during my 2 weeks in Costa Rica. My girlfriend and I stayed in their dorm which sleeps 6 but since it is the offseason we were the only ones the first night and only had one roommate the second night. If you are a person used to your comforts and immaculately clean hotels then this is not the place for you, however the private rooms are apparently much nicer and only a few dollars more. If you have more experience with hostel traveling then you will find the dorms to be perfectly adequate for everything you need. Breakfast is included with your room fee and you get it next door at Taco Taco. The best part about this hostel is the helpful staff and their advice about the activities you should do in the area. These guys are not getting a referral bonus unlike everyone else in town so you can get some great unbiased advice as to where to go and what to do. They even get a shout out in the Lonely Planet Costa Rica guide (2013 version) so you know that it is true. Overall I am glad I stayed here and for 10 bucks a night how can you top that?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our mission is to "exceed our guests' expectations of a Travelers Hotel by providing outstanding services and dependable information. We commit resources and time to preserving the values and traditions of our communities." Pure Life...Pure Hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your Pension Santa Elena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pension Santa Elena Hotel Santa Elena
- Pension Santa Elena Monteverde, Costa Rica