“Best porch in Santa Elena”
Review of Taco Taco

Taco Taco
Ranked #8 of 47 Restaurants in Santa Elena
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Tico-Mex: A Unique blend of Tex-Mex spice and local fresh ingredients. Great food does not have to come from great distances. Take what you love and make it with what you have! Our Commitments: Fresh food prepared when you order! Local ingredients whenever possible! Small foot print! Good social stewardship! Competitive employment opportunities, and excellent customer service! We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our products! If we don't meet your expectations, please let us know and we make it right! Big Food! Big Love!
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I want to go back to Santa Elena just to visit Taco Taco and the adjoining hostel, Pension Santa Elena. The tacos are good, the taco salad is better, and the atmosphere is low-key and welcoming. I was staying in a homestay with no wifi, so I spent a lot of time just hanging out on the porch, using the hostel's strong wifi. My loitering was well tolerated, and the local staff and jewelry sellers were perfectly friendly. Buy a beer next door at the hostel and enjoy the people watching.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,606)

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Taco Taco offers very good food for a reasonable price. Friendly service! (They even gave us tips for another place to go for a breakfast)

Reviewed July 18, 2014

What a wonderful little place. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but their food was flavorful, plentiful, and wonderful. My wife and I had one of their many burritos on our first night in Monte Verde, and liked them so much we ordered from them again the next night. We each chose a different burrito, and loved them too! We are so glad they delivered to our hotel ($10 charge), as it was quite a distance from our hotel! Great food, great taste, inexpensive! What else is there to say???

Reviewed July 17, 2014

The food was good and quick. I wanted to have some variety in my order but was not allowed to substitute one type of taco for another of the same price. I would go back and try something else next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We can't wait to get back to this area to have their tacos...they are so good. It doesn't look like much but if you want a good taco, this is the place to get it. Delicious.