“Brilliant tex-mex”

Taco Taco
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Santa Elena
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Tico-Mex: A Unique blend of Tex-Mex spice and local fresh ingredients. Great food does not have to come from great distances. Take what you love and make it with what you have! Our Commitments: Fresh food prepared when you order! Local ingredients whenever possible! Small foot print! Good social stewardship! Competitive employment opportunities, and excellent customer service! We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our products! If we don't meet your expectations, please let us know and we make it right! Big Food! Big Love!
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Don't let the long lunchtime queues put you off - this is the best place to eat in Santa Elena. It's not quite up to my high standards but the ingredients are good and the choices are broad. Great veggie options too!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,461)

Reviewed May 11, 2014

This is a perfect lunch spot. The vegetarian and pork tacos were excellent, and for a great price! We also got a side of chips and guac, which was very good too.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

It's not a traditional burrito or taco. I have had my share of Mexican food, in Mexico, and this is hardly like authentic Mexican food as other reviewers have claimed. It was good but it certainly wasn't the best burrito ever. I would say it's more like Tex-Mex. The burritos / tacos were reasonably priced. The other stuff was over-priced. The chips and guacamole was $4!

For those with young kids, it's not ideal. The seating is right on the street. The seats and tables are quite wobbly and my kids were a bit unstable.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

The title is pretty much how I feel about this place. Cheap, great service and the food is as tasty as in any expensive restaurant in Santa Elena. The portions are big, lots of options for vegetarians and meat-eaters. The guacamole was the best I've ever had, ask for extra!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I was intrigued by this place one day while exploring the area and came back the following day when we needed something quick. (Being just a window on the street I expected it to be fast food. It took about 12-15 minutes to get our food.) It was delicious – some of the best tacos I’ve ever eaten. I ordered the pork tacos. They have pork, sautéed onions, grilled pineapple, cabbage and creamy cilantro sauce. Amazing. My husband ordered a large veggie burrito. He also really liked his. I will say that my husband would’ve been OK with the small and I could’ve gotten away with 2 tacos in place of 3, but I was happy to eat the last one!