“Great street food”

Taco Taco
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Santa Elena
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Tico-Mex: A Unique blend of Tex-Mex spice and local fresh ingredients. Great food does not have to come from great distances. Take what you love and make it with what you have! Our Commitments: Fresh food prepared when you order! Local ingredients whenever possible! Small foot print! Good social stewardship! Competitive employment opportunities, and excellent customer service! We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our products! If we don't meet your expectations, please let us know and we make it right! Big Food! Big Love!
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Yummy food! We walked by it several times and it was the best smelling food! Good food for a great value

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Not exaggerating. And not only was this the best food, but it was the CHEAPEST. The boys we were with ate there twice in one day it was that good. I got the baja fish tacos. The cherry limeade was delicious too. Don't let the appearance fool you- it's just a little food hut attached to a hostel, but I'm telling you, I spent $30 on some meals in this country that weren't as good as this place. TACO TACO!

1  Thank Daralyn B
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Sorry to be disappointed by this place, but after waiting 20+ minutes to get the order wrong and then get the food cold, we felt cheated. $20 for 2 tacos with rice and beans, a quesadilla with guacamole, and 2 cokes is high back in the US even. The rice, beans, and guac were $1 each and came in 1 oz cups. Two spoonfuls. The slow roasted beef was tough, no way it was slow roasted, it came off the griddle. Skip Taco Taco!

1  Thank dukebravo
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I was feeling burned from having had several bad meals in a row and I was getting pretty hungry and cranky. I told my husband to pick where we were eating, then I asked him to order for me. I was that cross. I was so happily surprised! It was really good and it completely changed my mood and outlook. We went back the next day. This was definitely the best food we had in Santa Elena/Monteverde.

1  Thank Laclionaute
Reviewed November 21, 2013

If you go to Costa Rice, you must make a stop here. It's that good. A much needed break from the wonderful casado is found here in this gem. I would also stay at the Hostel next door since they give you free breakfast tacos from this joint. I can't say enough good things. Hopefully this pot convinces you that it is a great choice in the area/country:)

1  Thank NicoleG670