“Don't miss a night hike with Esteban!”

Esteban Daily Guided Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Nature guided customized tours through the most well known reserves in Monteverde as well as other birding destinations in Costa Rica, book with Esteban you wont go wrong.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Our night hike at SantaMaria with Esteban was one of our trip highlights. We saw all sorts of creatures including the smallest cutter ants, beautiful birds asleep in trees, a green viper snake, and a sloth just waking up for the night, to name a few. Esteban is very knowledgeable and he makes everything interesting - who knew that following cutter ants to their giant nest could be so fascinating! I highly recommend a night hike with Esteban. I didn't know what to expect when we embarked on the hike, and it turned out to be both fun and educational. Turn off your flashlights in the middle of the hike and check out the darkness and stars. Amazing!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We had a 3 hour private tour scheduled with Esteban. Prior to the tour I was very impressed with his email communications, and his willingness to answer questions about not only the tour but also about other recommendations to make our trip to CR more enjoyable. In fact, he was even kind enough to reserve us 4 tickets for zip lining at Salvetura. I was very impressed with his helpfulness & his quick responses to my emails. Very professional!

The tour itself was FANTASTIC. My husband, myself & 2 children thoroughly enjoyed the sights (we saw monkeys, hummingbirds, a tarantula, & the famous quetzel!), but most of all it was Esteban's knowledge of the animals and the area that we were most impressed with. He answered so many of our questions and showed us many pictures and gave us so much detail about what we were seeing. It is obvious that Esteban loves what he does - he is a certified naturalist, park guide & studied it in college. He grew up in the area & went for numerous hikes with his dad. His love for the plants, animals & birds is what made this tour much better than the others. I would recommend him w/o any reservation -- he is the best!

1  Thank Fatafat
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We just got back from a week-long trip to Costa Rica, with Esteban as our full time guide the entire trip. He met us at San Jose airport, picked up rental car, drove us through Arenal Volcano NP, Tenorio Volcano NP, Carara NP and Monteverde area. Many reviews described the great experiences touring with him, I can't agree more. I doubt we would have seen more than 20% by ourselves, if not guided by him. His ability to spot birds in dense forest is truly amazing.

Also, I want to add Esteban is as a genuine great guy you will ever meet. He went out of his way to make us happy, brought us to some fantastic hikes, showed us some hidden gems off the beaten paths, introduced us to some wonderful small restaurants. He made us felt we are his best friends the entire trip. As nice as Costa Rica is, Esteban made the whole trip that much more enjoyable.

A few photos taken during this trip to share with you. More to add later.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We visited Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve with Esteban. He was able to find tarantulas and quetzals and took many pictures for us through is telescope. He is highly knowledgable of the wildlife. Our visit of the reserve was great thanks to Esteban!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Esteban was a fantastic guide who shared his knowledge, passion and love for the flora and fauna of Monteverde. We thoroughly enjoyed our night tour in Santamaria, as well as the day tours to the Cloud Forest and Hanging Bridges. It was nice having a personalized, private tour just for the two of us. We were fortunate to see all types of birds - including several quetzals, toucanets, barbets, and an unexpected woodpecker not usually found in Monteverde - as well as sloths, tree snakes and much more. We highly recommend him!