i stayed here for three nights in april and it was a very pleasant stay. here are the pros and cons:
- i stayed in one of the single level rooms near the bottom of the hill, and my view of the forest and pond below were unobstructed by other units and amazing to look at. there's also a view of what i believe was the nicoya peninsula from the top of the hill (e.g. the dining hall)
- like every hotel i stayed at in costa rica, the walls are made of concrete, so it's very quiet in the rooms.
- the hotel has its own forest reserve about five minutes' walk from the main buildings with a trail you can hike.
- the rooms are huge for the price you pay
- my room was somewhat infested with small creatures, including: german cockroaches(dozens), oriental cockroaches(one), large wolf spiders(two or three), and even one very-angry-to-be-flushed-down-toilet scorpion, which i found in the bathtub, the first night. because of this i had some trouble sleeping the first night due to an imagined sensation there were bugs crawling on my legs, but it didn't "bug" me the rest of my stay. I had problems with ants and geckos at other hotels, but never had any cockroaches, spiders, or scorpions at any of the other hotels i stayed in.
I would highly recommend this hotel, all things considered.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking