We spent 2 nights here and after the journey over arenal lake and through some of the most amazing mountainside with the worse roads I have ever experienced,we were grateful to find comfort at this hotel.
It is a bit tired in parts of the hotel but the renovated main building is ok, the dining area was lacking in warmth and atmosphere,but the food was very good and excellently served.
The manager wanders around and does his best to be friendly but I don't think this is in his nature, he allowed me to use their office to access the internet and we spoke and I got the impression he does not give a fig about any reviews he won't change anything.The staff are very hard working and never stop.We walked the hotels trail and saw lots of leaf cutting ants . There is a park about 10 minutes walk away near the butterfly place we would recommend paying the $10 for, here we saw monkeys, waterfalls views and various birds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Pacific Province of Puntarenas at 4.500 Feet above the sea level, Hotel de Montana Monteverde offers 42 comfortable rooms as well as a Jacuzzi, Sauna, Conference Room,internet, Bar and Restaurant which offers the special flavor and charm of home cooked Costa Rican cuisine.Adjacent to the hotel is a 15-hacres private forest, offering excellent view and trails, including a small pond for the guests enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Montana Monteverde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montana Monteverde Hotel
- Montana Monteverde Santa Elena
- Hotel Montana Monteverde Costa Rica - Santa Elena