Hotel Montana Monteverde
Hotel Sloth Backpackers Bed & Breakfast(Santa Elena)(Great Value!)
$33
  • Breakfast included
Cabinas El Pueblo Bed & Breakfast(Santa Elena)(Great Value!)
$28
$22
Hotel Las Orquideas(Santa Elena)
$75
$73
Santa Elena Hostel Resort(Santa Elena)(Great Value!)
$54
$45
$44
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $53/night.

Pension Santa Elena(Santa Elena)(Great Value!)
$27
Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde(Santa Elena)(Great Value!)
$46
Hotwire.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $67/night.

$132
$126
$103
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Cabinas Capulin(Santa Elena)
All reviewscloud forestmain buildingcosta ricahuge bathtubthe pacific oceanleaf cutter antseggscomfortable bedsbeautiful sunsetreception arearice and beanshummingbird feedersnicoya peninsulastayed here for two nightsbreakfast was includedtown of santa elenabalcony
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in November 2012. The property is a bit dated and in need of re-furbishment but the rooms are large with fantastic views across to the Gulf of Nicoya. The dining room is cavernous and a totally soulless place to eat. Main meals are okay , breakfast not so good - this wasn't helped by a surly and bad tempered waitress! I absolutely love dogs and they had a lovely friendly puppy - but even I would have kept him out of the dining room and stopped him from pestering guests for food.The bar is a bit worn but has a pleasant atmosphere where the friendly staff make up for the waitress in the restaurant.The location is outside of Santa Elena so eating out probably requires a taxi. This is a beautiful area and this hotel is a clean and adequate base.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kerry O
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I went to Costa Rica in December 2012 with my best friend and we were offered this hotel as part of a package by LatinDestinations. The hotel is very cozy, wooden interior, very friendly and helpful lady at the front desk. Great water pressure. Very cute puppy named Tito "guards" the territory. We had a beautiful view of Lake Arenal from our balcony and I took some amazing pictures of the sunset. I believe all the rooms face the same direction. Wifi only worked from the lobby, but not an issue at all. We only ate breakfast at this hotel, which was served quickly and was quite tasty. This hotel is about a 15-20 minute walk to town. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Oleg B
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Comfortable, spacious, clean room. Great views from the restaurant. Good, plentiful food. Wifi only available near the front desk, restaurant area. A little rustic but more than adequate. Service was prompt but they liked to handle groups as groups.

Room Tip: superior rooms are the best choice.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We found the place to be quite sufficient for the little time we were there. The people there were all very friendly. The breakfast was adequate. Had just a dinner salad one night and it was a nice treat as we had not had any salads. Great views from the place.

Room Tip: It is a hard to get to area. We drove. There really is no five star place around there. for the very little time we are ever in a room it was fine. I would stay there again
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rangerdangerman
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel was a part of a package through virgin-vacations called fly and drive. Flight, hotels, and car rental included. Okay...It was a seven day costa rica. We flew into San Jose. Busy city. The first hotel was great. Like a little 2 bedroom apartment. There are Walmarts and grocery stores near by if you decide to cook for yourself. We picked up out rental SUV. Brand new and we hoped it would keep up with our adventures. We were warned about some of the roads we would be on. Arenal was so beautiful. I take that back. Our drive to Arenal was beautiful. Pictures cannot describe what our eyes were seeing. We stopped at a couple soda's ( roadside food). Best food I have had in a while. I will write about the hotel we stayed at in Arenal on another review. Please read it...worth the stay!! After two days we made our way to Monteverde. All I can say about the roads in and out are...empty your bladder first. Hope it does not rain hard. And have some food and drinks with you. It was like driving for many miles on a river bed. But when you get there...so worth it!! The hotel...the lobby is huge and looks well maintained. The woman at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. It is a very small hotel. Some of the rooms are cottages. They are also doing some new construction on the site. Not really a big deal. They do not have anything extra to do other than the bar. The wireless is also located in the lobby. We did not bring laptops but did use our cell phones for directions to some things since we did not plan what we were doing day to day. The room...good size, if you are scared of bugs, do NOT stay here. There is no coffee maker in the room. I was not happy when I walked in and noticed there was in A/C. I am a person that likes to sleep very cold. I decided to see how the night went. Everything in the room is very dated. I guess I can say the room is very basic. Oh and as far as the A/C. I survived and it was actually a great weather night. The large screen doors can be left open at night and catch a good breeze. Breakfast is included. But don't expect a buffet. They give you choices...and not many. The hotel itself is not far from town center.

Room Tip: There are a few other hotels in the area. I am pretty sure that most do not have A/C. We were in the back building and have awesome views of the valley between the mountains.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family