New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Monteverde Orchid Garden

Monteverde Orchid Garden
Ranked #5 of 20 things to do in Santa Elena
More attraction details
Owner description: The Monteverde Orchid Garden is a place where you can enjoy beauty that is found in the marvelous world of orchids. Our garden has a large collection of orchids; we have more than 425 different species. You can find species that are endemic to Monteverde, and a collection of miniature orchids, including the smallest one in the world. We offer guided walks both in English and Spanish. We are in a great location in down town Santa Elena.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Must see jem in Monteverde”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

What a wonderful place, thank you very much for such a great oportunity to see a lot of different orchids at same time.
I wish Orchid garden had better advertisement.
Our hotel had a binder with all possible tours in area, but Orchid garden page didn't have any valuable information about place, price, location.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Polina27

• Hebrew first
Saint Louis, Missouri
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“So many orchids in such a small space!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

You hardly had to move, as you are surrounded by the most beautiful variety of orchids. Our guide did a great job explaining the varieties and pointing out the smallest ones we would have walked right by. Great photos from this garden.

Visited June 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Hundreds of orchids in bloom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is a very large collection of orchids and a very knowledgeable guide will explain each one's particular characteristics as you go crazy trying to get the perfect photo of each. Orchids are nearly 50% of the flowering plant species in the rainforest, so there are lots to see! And smell!

Visited July 2012
Marblehead, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A pleasant couple of hours with a knowledgeable guide”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I was visiting Santa Elena while my kids were in class at the Spanish immersion school, CPI in Monteverde. I knew my son (8 years old) would not like the orchid garden and so I decided to go alone. The cost of admission was close to $10.00, which included a guided tour with an English speaking guide. My guide was very knowledgeable and passionate about the garden and everything within it. It is a rather primitive garden with pathways; it almost feels like you are in someone's private garden in their backyard. The guide explained different facts about the orchids and pointed out many, many different varieties. The guide was useful because some orchids you could barely see they were so tiny! After the tour I took many photos and ventured on my own. I could have stayed longer, but I had to get my kids at school. I would recommend the orchid garden because the orchids were beautiful and exotic, the garden was well maintained and the guide was informative and friendly. I also liked it because my time there alone was very relaxing. :)

Visited June 2012
Lake Mills, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“One stop shop.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We learned a lot and saw some beautiful orchids! It was a great little garden packed with orchids. Had many picture opportunities.

Visited August 2012