“Wowzers! I need bigger trousers!”
Review of Sabor Tico

Sabor Tico
Ranked #3 of 46 Restaurants in Santa Elena
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
London
“Wowzers! I need bigger trousers!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Okay where do I start? After nearly 8 weeks in central America I am tired of pretty bland food, pizzerias, pasta, all the same and all a bit of a let down. I then saw this place. First time I went I just wanted something with veg, I had the chicken soup which was tasty, fresh and just what I needed, fab flavors healthy and a huge bowl, which they then gave me rice and bread to go with it. My husband wasn't feeling great so had some rice pudding which he said was delicious. The next evening we went back for more. I had the shredded chicken with rice, sounds plain, but the chicken was marinated and the rice was so so tasty and so well flavoured I wAs amazed, the salad on the side was also good with a nice dressing. My husband had the marinated pork and various other things which he said wAs really good. They really are making super tasty fabulous local food. The portions are HUGE! The staff are lovely and the prices fair. The tastiest food I've eaten in Costa Rica. Loved it!

• Visited October 2013

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Rochester, Minnesota
“Local Fare at Great Prices”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by a local tour guide and did not disappoint. Our waiter was great, the prices, food and portions were all great. One of our best meals of the trip. You can get Americano fare or get more traditional Costa Rican meals. The kids were ready for something more familiar, whereas my wife and I had something more traditional.

• Visited October 2013
Valparaiso, Indiana, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our intro to typical Costa Rica fare.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our introduction to typical Costa Rican fare. It is a bit off the beaten path, therefore no walk-in tourist traffic. Most of the customers seemed to be local which usually indicates a good place to eat. I don't remember what we ordered since we were there about a year ago, except the portions seemed huge.

• Visited March 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Good food priced reasonably”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Food is probably not the best feature Costa Rica presents. Sabor Tico is a nice place, with decent food, and the prices are reasonable. The local dishes are especially recommended.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank RamiTelAviv_Israel
“Authentic food great prices.”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommend this place!! We came bc of the great reviews on this site, and I could not agree more; this is the real deal! I had the civiche, guacamole, and a large bowl of made to order chicken soup. Also had a banana milkshake. I would order every item again! Prices were on the lower side of average for being located in a tourist area. Busy for lunch with the majority if clientele locals. Don't miss this place!

• Visited July 2013