“Favorite place to eat on our week trip in Costa Rica ...”
Review of Sabor Tico

Sabor Tico
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Santa Elena
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Felt very authentic and the prices were great. Were several locals eating in the joint which is always a great sign!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,203)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I just want to say that their food was very very good. Price was good and similar to other places like that, but food here was better. People there were really nice too.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Cute little place. Typical for a Costa Rican soda. Next time I would have the chuleta (pork chop) Service was fast and friendly!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I am not normally a complainer; my husband and I are pretty low maintenance! We are big travellers and have been all over the place. Other than bugs & tentacles, not much bothers me.

We ate at Sabor Tico one afternoon. It was en route to a tour we were doing and it looked pretty authentic. Unfortunately, it wasn't a really great experience. I had a chicken quesadilla - the cheese was really awful (like the alter ego of Cheez Whiz) and the chicken was really tough and chewy. It was served with french fries, thank goodness, because I couldn't finish my meal! My husband had a burger and a salad. His saving grace was also the side dish. Neither of us felt great an hour or so after our meal and we regretted the choice... We kinda cursed the place as we were leaving town.

1  Thank tllinton
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This place was close to where I was staying. It came highly recommended by the person who worked the desk and on trip advisor.

On the outside it looks like a dive. Nothing really is around it. It's across the street from a football field.

I ask the waitress what should would recommend and I picked the popular dish. All the vegetables and rice were excellent. The chicken was not. When I cut into it it was dry and grey. Perhaps I had the lemon