“Total Thrill”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Total Thrill”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

If you are looking for ziplining in Costa Rica this is a great place to go. The ziplining only package is only about $40 and for an extra couple of bucks you can do the "superman" zipline at the end which is where you are harnessed in like you are flying. My girlfriend and I did their entire package which includes the zipline canopy tour, a rappeling segment, the 20 meter tarzan jungle swing (they have a 60 meter version also) and the 143 meter bungee jump. All of this cost us 100 dollars each, however I am not sure if the price was lower because it was the offseason. But either way, a bungee jump alone can cost you over $200 dollars in other places so comparatively it is well worth the price. Although all these artificial thrills aren't really my thing (my girlfriend wanted to zipline really badly, I tend to enjoy hiking/jumping off big rocks into water) I will say that the quality of them was very high and if this is what you want to do then Extremo is a good place to go with. The staff was friendly and fun, they even played a practical joke where they hooked up their fellow guide's motorcycle to the zipline and sent it out so it got stuck in the middle of one of the cables. There are a couple of other canopy tours to choose from that each offer some aspect that the others don't have, but this was a perfectly satisfying tour and I recommend it.

Visited October 2013

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The closest thing to flying”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Three of us ventured to Monteverde for extremo zip line. I think if you we're going to do just one zip on your tour of Costa Rica this would have to be it. I used up all of my adrenaline that day. High up, fast, some 13 lines, and beautiful scenery all made for a great day!

Visited March 2013
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Sooooo exciting!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Just what I was hoping for! For 40$ you get to do a superman zipline while hanging from your back so you can see the view below! Loved that one and the Tarzan swing the most! The most bang for your buck, I asked the locals which zip line tour was the best and they all said extremo.
I was impressed on how many guides went with us, we were a small group which was nice and fast, there was about 6 guides which was a lot so always felt safe. Saw a monkey hanging out in the tree by the rappel swing which is also fun.

They take photos of you which you can buy for about 5$ a person. They take a lot of photos of you!
You can add to your package the bungee jump which looks incredable, we saw a few people doing it. It cost 60$ which is fine. But for $45 you get to zipline for about 2-3 hours that is a great deal. I think I said it cost 40$ above. The lady we booked with in town have us a discount since we were a large group.
I am sure the other zip line places are fun too, but I am so glad we went with extremo! Fun fun fun, and beautiful and safe but exciting!!

Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“FUN!!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Great way to see monkeys and Zip line was a blast! Guides were very informative of nature and animals in the jungle. Staff was very nice!

Visited September 2012
CA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Super Fun for the Whole Family”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We went here for our son's 8th birthday and all had a great time. After a discussion of how to zip line and a safety talk, you're off on your first cable. Our group of 20 or so folks went through smoothly and quickly. There was never much of a wait at each of the platforms, just enough time to share excitement with each other. The guides were quick with a smile and easy to talk to. Our kids, ages 8 & 10, were having the time of their life and were able to do some cables by themselves and some with us. The Tarzan Swing was the highlight for all of us - scary yes, but such a great feeling when you get going. The final cable has a "Super Man" option - highly recommended if you have ever desired the sensation of flying.

Visited August 2013