“Super Fun for the Whole Family”

Monteverde Extremo Park
Useful Information: Activities for older children
CA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Super Fun for the Whole Family”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We went here for our son's 8th birthday and all had a great time. After a discussion of how to zip line and a safety talk, you're off on your first cable. Our group of 20 or so folks went through smoothly and quickly. There was never much of a wait at each of the platforms, just enough time to share excitement with each other. The guides were quick with a smile and easy to talk to. Our kids, ages 8 & 10, were having the time of their life and were able to do some cables by themselves and some with us. The Tarzan Swing was the highlight for all of us - scary yes, but such a great feeling when you get going. The final cable has a "Super Man" option - highly recommended if you have ever desired the sensation of flying.

Visited August 2013

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Kamloops, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Zip Lining was awesome. We had so much fun, it is intimidating at first but too much fun to turn down! The staff where great. I cant wait to return!

Visited July 2013
San Diego, California
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Not to be missed!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

If you are in Costa Rica, you must do this tour!

Was I scared? Absolutely, but that's half the fun. Extremo allows you do zip superman style and has a Tarzan swing. The most scary part of the superman zip was getting set up and being put face down. After take off, its really not that bad. Its actually the most beautiful part of the tour. The Tarzan swing is another story. It was scary before getting to it. It was scary when I had to walk on the bridge to get to it. It was even scarier when I had to jump off of it. Oh mine, I was scare shitless but I'm glad I didn't chicken out.

I'm glad they push you off of the Tarzan swing. God knows, it would have taken me hours to make that jump myself.

Visited December 2012
Queenstown, New Zealand
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Best zipline ever”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I´ve done ziplines before which were a real snooze and about as exciting as a wet weekend in Palmerston North (sorry Palmie). El Extremo is different. Huge long ziplines up to a km long and up to 180m above the valley floor, plus a Tarzan swing. Shouldn´t think I´ll ever need to do another zipline ever.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank James-the-Kiwi
Staten Island, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Zip lining”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had never been zip lining before. I thought i would only be doing a short distance. i was surprised and amazed. there were8 zip lines. the view was outstanding. It was a wonderful experience. The staff was great.

Visited July 2013