“Dedicated owner”

Hotel Sloth Backpackers Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were greeted at the bus stop by Yorle. At check-in, she gave us an overview of the city and activities available in the area. We were able to book every tour with transportation included through her, which made everything really easy. We met a ton of backpackers there, but it wasn't a loud, crazy, party hostel. You can see and feel the dedication Yorle puts into her hostel. I would definitely recommend Sloth backpackers to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Sloth Backpackers was one of the best hostels we stayed in Costa Rica, the owner was very helpful and informative

the place is in santa elena, very close to town and activities, if we ever come back to costa rica, we will stay here for sure

great service, thank you

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2013

After living in Costa Rica for 5 months and backpacking my last 2 weeks, I can without a doubt say that Sloth Backpackers was easily the best hostel my friend and I stayed at. When we arrived we were greeted by Yorle who offered pertinent information about Monteverde, (banks, bus station, super markets, and all the best and most economic activities) as well as free tea and fresh coffee! Sloth also lives up to its name - we were able to see a 2-toed sloth right outside the hostel on our very first night there! Monteverde and Santa Elena are beautiful places to visit, but what really made the experience was staying in a place where we felt at home. Clean space, free wifi, free and delicious breakfast, hot showers, and friendly staff. This would be a great place for anyone to stay, young or old, solo or part of a group. I promise you will feel as though you are at home away from home! :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Sloth backpackers was wonderful. Hot shower, clean rooms, delicious breakfast prepared for you in the morning included, and answers to any of your questions. Yorle helped us set up our entire stay, from ziplining and coffee tour, to our shuttle out of Monteverde 5 days later. All the activities we did were amazing, but being able to come back afterwards to a hot shower and a welcoming smile were the icing on the cake. I would recommend sloth backpackers to anybody staying in Monteverde, families and friends, solo or groups. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Cheryl_gab
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We only had a short time in Santa Elena and I am very happy that we found this hostel. We took a long public bus from San Jose and got in much later than I expected. The owner, Yorle unexpectedly came and met us at the station thankfully and walked us to the hostel. She was amazing, hilarious, very chill and super helpful. Quiet rooms, lovely kitchen, great location. She gave us coffee from her own farm in the morning and the pancakes were great. I'd go back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dcal254
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is hands down my favorite hostel amongst many that I have stayed at over my month trip in central america. Yorle is an amazing cook the breakfast is so delicious. She took care of everything! Any time we had any questions or needed help deciding what to do she was ready to help and set everything up for us! When I come back to Costa Rica, I am coming back to Sloth Backpackers for sure. A place not to be missed. PS did i mention HOT SHOWERS! and excellent wifi, a luxury on this trip!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jac-lyn D
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Sloth Backpackers is an amazing hostel. Having stayed at some not so nice places, this has definitely been one of my favorites. It was clean and comfortable, as well as really well priced ($10, with breakfast!). It also has a great kitchen. Good environment and very homey. The owners are incredibly nice and helpful and they even called the company we were going ziplining with to confirm reservations. I highly recommend staying here, also super close to the supermarket and bus station.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Sleepers Sleep Cheaper Hostel
Sleepers Sleep Cheaper Hostel
#12 of 34 in Santa Elena
Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde

Been to Hotel Sloth Backpackers Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!