Hotel Sloth Backpackers Bed & Breakfast
$130
$81
$103
$97
Hotel Las Orquideas(Santa Elena)
$66
$59
$56
$78
$72
Santa Elena Hostel Resort(Santa Elena)(Great Value!)
$73
$34
Hostelworld.com
Pension Santa Elena(Santa Elena)(Great Value!)
$28
Travelocity
All reviewspancakesthe ownerthe kitchenfruitfree breakfasthot watercosta ricafast wifistayed for nightsbook toursla fortunanice place to staynice breakfastrooms are cleanrecommend staying hereprivate bathroomsan jose
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Even this is great hostel I moved after one day to stay with my friend in other hostel I as I did not like that the common area/kitchen closes at 21.30 and in you want to stay in hostel it means you have to be in your room. However the dorm room, kitchen and bathrooms are very clean, the owner friendly and help full. The hostel is not far away from Santa Elena downtown, about minutes from the bust station and 300 meters from supermarket. The dorm price is just 8$ but does not include the pancake breakfast which is 2 bucks more. Still good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We spent two nights here in January and wish we could've stayed longer. The location was very good, just a block away from the town center, and safe. The owner, Yorle, is personable, makes good recommendations on the best activities, and speaks English. She goes out of her way to accommodate guests. The breakfast was good, hot, fresh, and different each morning. We liked the community feeling of the central kitchen area. The views out the kitchen window overlook a verdant valley and a stream. Overall an excellent budget accommodation.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Initially I got off to a bad start as the guy who checked me in was really rude, snapped at me to get my passport (which he then didnt look at) and seemed annoyed that u didnt know there and then which tours I wanted to do. I've stayed in lots of hostels and came across many staff who seem a bit fed up and would obviously like to be doing something else but none as rude as that guy. I dumped my bags and went for a walk, luckily when I returned the female owner was there and she couldn't have been lovelier. She'll help you plan buses, book trips etc.
I stayed in a four bedded room which consisted of 4 mattresses on the floor in a little attic. However it was comfy and warm with the blankets.
Place is very clean, toilets n showers r great.
Free tea coffee all day, good kitchen
Lots of rules and its lights out at 9:30, no good if you eat late or like a hit drink at night.
Brekkie was toast, jams and fruit. Guess they've stopped the pancakes. ;)

• Stayed: February 2013
MonteverdeSlothBB, Owner at Hotel Sloth Backpackers Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Sorry dear guest.
I wish I spent so unpleasant a bad time ... will not happen again.
I owned backpackers Sloth is a pleasure to help my guests on what you need. I enjoy my work.
The rules of the hostel: for me the lights go out at 9:30 pm as there are people who need to sleep for traveling the next day very early in different public transport or go hiking early in the cloud forest, but near my hostel there are different places like restaurants or bar where you can enjoy some delicious drinks :)
Breakfast is free every day there are different options pancakes, toast with jam or egg and omeleths.
Thank you very much for sharing your comment. Pura Vida .. :)

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stood there for 3 night and really enjoyed the time there.
The room was clean and the owner is so lovely and supports her guest whereever she can. You can book your tours there and th price includes a big and yummie breakfast.
Quiet time starts at 9 am and so you can relax there.
The hostel is very close to supermarkets and the city center.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Sloth backpackers is the homiest hostel we've ever stayed at. Yorle and Lynda took such good care of us from cooking us banana pancakes every morning, to helping us book all of our tours and even other hostels. We definitely recommend staying here to everyone! Thanx Yorle! Pura Vida!!!!

Alice & David,