We spent 3 days here for our honeymoon. Heiner is really an amazing host. So generous, kind, friendly, and gracious. Love him.
We ended up staying in one of the rooms above the main building. The room was small, but all that we needed. Heiner actually tried to give us one of the bigger rooms for a tiny upgrade, but we just didn't need the extra space. It felt like he just wanted us to be comfortable and it was less about money.
- Hotel is about a 15 minute walk to the downtown area, which is awesome. It's nice to be just a little bit away from the crazy traffic and tourist area.
- They were so helpful with setting up all tours and transportation for us.
- Breakfast each morning was delicious, starting with a huge plate of fresh fruit and strong local coffee.
- We stayed in the rooms upstairs and the walls are a bit thin. On our last night a family checked in next door and we could hear much of what was happening next door.
It seems like the Cabins are really nice. We tried to get into one of those, but they were already booked so book ahead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monteverde Villa Lodge nestled in the heart of Santa Elena Monteverde steps away from adventure tours, banks, restaurants, and the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, Monteverde Villa Lodge is on the pulse of the nature isle - perfect for researchers, students and tourist.Monteverde Villa Lodge boasts 8 rooms designed with distinctive charm using precious woods and great family-style ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Monteverde Villa Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monteverde Villa Hotel Santa Elena
- Monteverde Villa Lodge Costa Rica - Santa Elena