we chose this place based on trip advisor reviews. We loved the owners, they are very warm and gave us good tips on tours and even called to book them for us. the breakfasts every morning were also wonderful. The downside to this place are the extremely thin walls. We did not get a wink of sleep. In the first room we stayed in (double cabin room) we were disturbed all night by the neighbors dogs that were barking nonstop. We are from NYC so we are used to noise, but this was just unbearable. On our last night we were moved upstairs to an economy room, and it was even worse.. Mixed with the dog barking was our neighbors talking and laughing in the room next door. We could literally hear every word of their conversation it was so bad. The shower also had literally 1 minute of hot water, which in Monteverde is bad because it is pretty cold there. Aside from the wonderful people that own this establishment, we were not very pleased with this stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monteverde Villa Lodge nestled in the heart of Santa Elena Monteverde steps away from adventure tours, banks, restaurants, and the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, Monteverde Villa Lodge is on the pulse of the nature isle - perfect for researchers, students and tourist.Monteverde Villa Lodge boasts 4 rooms designed with distinctive charm using precious woods and great family-style ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Monteverde Villa Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monteverde Villa Hotel Santa Elena
- Monteverde Villa Lodge Costa Rica - Santa Elena