We stayed at Monteverde Villa Lodge for 2 nights. We arrived and the owner immediately greeted us with fresh lemon aid. Our rooms were large and very clean - my family stayed in room 8 at the far end of the lodge while my sisters slept in room 6. Both rooms had microwave ovens, a sink and a nice bathroom with hot water. The beds were firm and had more blankets than we needed, even though the evenings were cool.
I can't say enough about the owners. Very nice, very helpful. They helped us book tours and find restaurants (the pizza place around the corner is especially good) and their recommendations were spot-on. They even called every single night tour operator to find prices for kids and get tour times. The breakfast was delicious, and they were always ready with a cup of coffee or tea (or hot chocolate for my kids) whenever we were in the common areas.
The hotel is a 10 minute walk to downtown Santa Elena. The street it's on isn't particularly nice, but hopefully that won't stop anyone from staying there. Very good value for the money with excellent service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monteverde Villa Lodge nestled in the heart of Santa Elena Monteverde steps away from adventure tours, banks, restaurants, and the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, Monteverde Villa Lodge is on the pulse of the nature isle - perfect for researchers, students and tourist.Monteverde Villa Lodge boasts 4 rooms designed with distinctive charm using precious woods and great family-style ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Monteverde Villa Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monteverde Villa Hotel Santa Elena
- Monteverde Villa Lodge Costa Rica - Santa Elena