We were a family of 3 (us + 2 yr old) traveling in Dec 2012, paid $70/night. The room was big and the beds comfortable, the shower clean & lots of hot water & strong water pressure (better than the posh hotel we stayed at in La Fortuna!).
We felt so welcome here, Ana and her husband gave us excellent service, whatever we needed they happily provided (milk for my daughter at night, pancakes & yogurt at breakfast for my fussy daughter, directions, restaurant tips, etc). Their breakfast (standard gallo pinto, plaintains, fruits and coffee) was great.
The only downside is the walls are paper thin - we could hear the people nx door waking up and chatting. This wasnt a big problem though bcoz we wake up early and come back late, like most tourists, so its not like they were keeping us up at night or woke us up early. We had the middle room though so we had 2 neighbors, so I would say request a corner room so at least u only have 1 neighbor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monteverde Villa Lodge nestled in the heart of Santa Elena Monteverde steps away from adventure tours, banks, restaurants, and the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, Monteverde Villa Lodge is on the pulse of the nature isle - perfect for researchers, students and tourist.Monteverde Villa Lodge boasts 4 rooms designed with distinctive charm using precious woods and great family-style ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Monteverde Villa Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monteverde Villa Hotel Santa Elena
- Monteverde Villa Lodge Costa Rica - Santa Elena