“Nice B&B” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mar Inn Bed & Breakfast

Mar Inn Bed & Breakfast
“Nice B&B”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

This B&B is located on the hill and a bit far from the public bus terminal. I dragged my luggage down the slope in dark and finally decided to call a cab. It's 10 minutes walking distance from the commercial area, so not bad. The first night I was placed in a room with poor shower water draining system and were asked to change to another suite the next day due to room conflict. The next day when I moved out of my first night room, I figured out that I actually stayed not in Mar Inn but another B&B next to it...... I guess they thought as long as I have a room to sleep in, I won't complain.... which it's true. Literally speaking, I only stayed in Mar Inn for one night. My room has a queen size bed and one single bed and can easily fit in 3 people at least. The facility is bit old but thinking about the room rate, it's not bad at all. Breakfast is good. Two super big pan cake, juice ,tea and fruit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

My sister and I stayed 2 nights and had such a wonderful time. Anthony and the staff here were part of the family,.they were all very helpful and friendly and the food and service was excellent ,room clean and bright the inn is in a great location only 5 mins from town steep hill but a great workout after the brownies in town at the bake shop will be back next year with more family and friends you can never have enough of Monteverde and all the trails and hiking

Room Tip: for a better view ask for accomadations on the top floor less noise but still all in all rooms are g...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Mar Inn is a fantastic place to stay. I spent three nights there in January 2014 as part of a longish trip through Central America staying at reasonably priced hotels and B&Bs. I have to say it was the best place I stayed. The staff (family run) were incredibly friendly, spoke English and were always on hand to help with day trip bookings. The place is fairly new with rooms that are well furnished and decorated. They also serve excellent breakfasts and offer free tea / coffee all day and will do your laundry for a few dollars. You can also cook your own food in the kitchen if you want to save costs. I was very windy when I was there but a good set of earplugs made for a great nights sleep. I normally wouldn't bother to write a review but this place really impressed me!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

For the price it is very clean and staff are friendly & helpful! The rooms are simple but adequate. As previous people have stated it does get windy so the blankets are helpful at night. It is a close walk to town. Even some English TV stations. Breakfast was cooked to order and tasty.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Lyon, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at the mar inn hotel
Staff were kind, helpful and friendly.
Rooms we're clean but it was windy when we were there and it was a little bit cold, but it's kind of normal in this area so think to about bringing some warm clothes.
Bathroom we're very clean also.
Breakfast was good with fruits,pancakes, eggs, juice and toasts.
We also enjoyed the balcony and the common area where you can meet others travelers.
They've have a laundry service which was quick and perfectly clean.
Staff recommended us a very good restaurant where we tried delicious typical food it's called sabor tico, was the best restaurant we had in Costa Rica.
We definitely recommend to go in Monteverde reserve with a guide if you want to see some birds ! We've seen 3 quetzals ! The guide was booked by the hotel it was perfect !
+ : staff, location 5 min from Main Street, clean.
- : design of the room a little bit old and dark.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

stayed here two nights, simple small hotel with a rustic feeling and a super friendly staff

pros: great costa rican breakfast
clean simple rooms with safe and flat screen tv
walking distance to restaurants/grocery store
front desk helped arrange tours for good prices (other hotels we stayed at charged a big premium versus booking on your own)
second floor has a nice balcony with a great view

cons
beds were not comfortable (though most were not during our trip)

p.s. the soda restaurant that is across from the soccer field that they recommended gave my wife food poisoning

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ari R
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Mar Inn B&B for 3 nights in December. We enjoyed our stay very much. Anthony, the owner, knows how to run the B&B well. The room and the public areas are super clean. Anthony also provided us a map with tours/info on it. The tour info also includes price, which we found is very helpful. He definitely went extra mile to provide us great services.

Coffee and water are also provided 24/7. It's within walking distance to the town so my husband and I would just walk to grab foods or just simply wonder around.

Also, I recommended the banana cake they sell in the dining area. It's $1 per piece. They were nice enough to write down the recipe and gave it to us.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sunset Hotel Monteverde
#10 of 23 in Monteverde
Los Pinos - Cabanas y Jardines
Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge

Been to Mar Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!