Mar Inn Bed & Breakfast
$55
$49
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hotel El Sueno(Santa Elena)
$26
$60
$236
$229
Travelocity
$45
All reviewsb bpancakesthe ownera short walking distancefruitreasonable sizecooked to ordershared balconytown centreroom upstairslarge bathroomclean roomsdowntown monteverdespent nightssouvenir shopsenjoyed our staybooking tours
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This is my second time staying at the Mar Inn in Santa Elena (each time for two weeks). This small family-owned B&B is very clean and safe. Great for any type of guest--families, friends or individuals. The owners (Giovanni and Zelmira) are some of the warmest people I've met in Costa Rica, and Zelmira is a great chef. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Santa Elena because Mar Inn meets all of my expectations and more. Pura vida!!

Room Tip: They have rooms for all types of travelers.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Good breakfast and the rooms are very clean with good beds. The lady (owner?) At the reception is very helpfull.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We stayed at the Mar Inn in the last days of February and were very satisfied with the place. The man that runs the place is very helpful, and we had a very nice service from him.
The hotel is located a little outside the small town of Santa Elena, so you have to walk something like 5-10 minutes with no particular interesting stuff to see, but when in the hotel, things get a lot better. And you are away from the noise of the little city.
We went there totally without planning it and we felt we were lucky to end up in so a nice place. Our room was very big with a huge bathroom and nice settings.
The breakfast was in particular fabulous with a plate of fruits, eggs and ham and rice and beans. In fact, some people found that it was too much to eat!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MChouinard
Reviewed January 12, 2012

My family and I stayed at this lovely spot for a week and it was a home away from home. The owners are two of the best people on earth- not to mention best chefs too! This is a gem. Perfectly located away from the hustle and bustle of the town by just a short walk that even my 5 year old could do easily. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I spent about a week at the Mar Inn and I couldn't have been happier. The owner of this B&B and his family made me feel home. They helped me any time I needed, we chatted about the area, the animals, life in Costa Rica, anything we felt like. On top of this, the B&B is very clean, the view from the deck beautiful, the breakfast is good and with plenty of food. I especially enjoyed reading on the deck of the B&B every day after my walks. I highly recommend this B&B, especially for the nice feeling that the family owning the B&B will leave you with.

Room Tip: Ask if possible to have the room with a window on the deck.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo