“Awesome food and a great value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurant Trio

Restaurant Trio
Ranked #18 of 43 Restaurants in Santa Elena
Cuisines: Latin, Central American, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Awesome food and a great value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

The food here seems high end, but it's a great value. It is located next to the supermercado. Everything was delicious and the service is great. Example: I had the fig and arugula burger, and substituted chicken instead of beef. $8! I have not had such a delicious meal for such a great price anywhere in CR!

1 Thank Vacationaficionado

“Ambitious menu but not well executed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

This restaurant definitely aspires to more than the usual Costa Rican fare. I had the shrimp, and while I liked the sauce in the dish, the shrimp came out practically raw—it was hard even to cut into them. When I complained, the waiter said that this is how they prepare shrimp. He did take the dish back for further cooking, and while it returned in edible form, it wasn't nearly as good as it would have been if it had been cooked properly to begin with.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Simple, elegant, delicious and affordable.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

The Tower is one of the best salads I've ever had and the burger my other half got was incredible. Fresh, local ingredients and great service complete the package. My only regret is that we didn't find this place until our last day in the area, because I could have eaten here every day.

Fun drink menu too.

Highly recommended.

Ottawa Canada
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

My family has an excellent dinner at Trio. The food was very good and they have an excellent choice of drinks. The restaurant also looks very nice.

“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

We had read good reviews about this restaurant but we were really disappointed by the food.
The waitress was very friendly and it's a nice modern restaurant. The food sounds interesting but just wasn't.

I had ribs, which were small and not particularly tasty. My boyfriend had a soup which sounded really tasty and just wasn't.

We then had chicken and prawns, both of which said they came with veg and potatoes. We didn't think they would come with exactly the same veg and potatoes, meaning that we basically had the same meal but I had prawns and he had chicken. Unimaginative and nothing special at all. We had much better food around Costa Rica.