Open today: 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM

More Info
from $39.00
More Info
1,464 results
All reviews hanging bridges zip lining cloud forest tram ride half mile cable car bucket list fear of heights felt very safe costa rica great adventure adrenaline rush a lot of fun breathtaking views howler monkeys an adventure arenal volcano
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Nice and easy walk, also cool hanging bridges but a bit pricey... Probably something to do with maintenance.

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

The zip lining on this trip was incredible!! This lines go so fast and there are some long ones! The views were incredible even on the cloudy lines! We took the sky tram up which offered amazing views. We also did the hanging bridges tour which was pretty good and relaxing. Definitely recommend this tour!!

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

they had amazing views but we did not see any wildlife. next time we visit I would like it if they released the sloths and monkeys into the trees so we can pet them.

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

The only part of the three part tour which was good was the canopy walk. The guide was very sweet and worked hard to help us enjoy the visit. The rest of the staff were on a mission to prove that maybe not all Ticos are friendly after all. To describe them as disinterested in the customers would be an understatement. Compared to every other tour we have been on in Costa Rica, all of which I would rate highly ) this was the poorest. Not helped by the fact that it was pelting down. The staff all put rain gear on whilst everyone else got soaked and freezing on a tram ride to nowhere with no views given the rain. You then get to the top and have to sit in wet clothes. No one has told you to bring any money so you can’t even get a hot drink but instead get to wait whilst the staff have their warm drinks. At this point we decided not to proceed with the zip line as the weather was atrocious and the scant safety instructions and the unhelpful team with left us feeling uncomfortable. We then had to do the tram again in the rain to get down. Unlike every other adventure where we were given towels and there was a changing room, Sky provided neither. We saw people in our group back from the zipline. They were dripping wet and had to wait for the bus transfer. In brief, I wouldn’t bother unless you are such an adrenaline junkie that you are happy to put up with the rest of the shortcomings or end up as the lucky few and experience good weather.

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

We drove from Tamarindo and back in one day and it took pretty much exactly three hours each way. We are on the end of the busy season, so that may have played a part as most said it would be well over 3 hours. Also left around 8:00 am. Most folks warned us about the road and how terrible it is. The last hour is the roughest but frankly, we have seen way worse in other countries. I would liken it to the Hana Highway in Maui.

Ok, now on to the good stuff. Once we arrived there was a decent sized parking lot. The building had a cafe and very clean restrooms. The staff greeted us and answered our questions. We chose the seven bridges and later came back for the zip-line tour. I should note they honored the bundle pricing even though we didn’t buy the trips together at the same time.

We walked the hanging bridges tour without a guide. I struggle with this as I know sometimes its better to have guides as they know where all the critters are. My husband and I are amateur photographers of wildlife and thats what we are there for. We managed to spot and get photos of a few animals: Townsend’s Warbler, Spangle-cheeked Tanager, Silver-throated Tanager, Black-faced Solitaire, hummingbird of some sort, White-nosed Coatie, butterflies (sadly, no Blue Morpho) and some type of cool-looking caterpillar. LOTS of plants- some I recognized as plants in our corporate office in US only growing wild. I am sure this is a place I could enjoy for a few more days!

The zip-line tour was really exciting! We’ve done zip lines in Jamaica and Hawaii and this definitely was the best! Our guides (Jason, Graciela and Claudia) were courteous, professional and very much safety conscious. Thank you! Super long zip lines and high up so NOT boring! Not physically demanding, minimal walking. I believe I saw that there is a 300 lb limit.

I would encourage visitors to spend a couple days up in that area to avoid the long drive twice in one day. Besides, I am sure we would have improved our chance to see critters if we’d stay longer! Must-see for sure!