“Not bad but it is safe”
Review of Sky Adventures

Sky Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
$116.00*
and up
Sky Walk, Sky Tram, and Sky Trek Zipline Combo...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: While staying in Monteverde don’t miss the Sky Tram that will lead you up to the Continental Divide and to one of the highest mountains in the area. Sky Tram is a guided tour where you can have the opportunity to observe the cloud forest outstanding biodiversity, the majestic Arenal Volcano and the Nicoya Gulf.The Sky Trek’s zip lines go from mountain to mountain, allowing you fly through a cable at speeds up to 40 miles per hour and heights of over 520 feet. There are also 5 observation towers that surpass the cloud forest treetops, providing amazing panoramic views our company has a braking system that was superior to what I'd experienced in other places.The zip linesthemselvesare long and fast, when the clouds cleared, we were able to see the ocean, which was amazing. It is a really great experience.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Its a pretty cool experience getting to go over the jungle back and forth all the way down the cloud forest, I have done a few other zip lines back home in Whistler, Canada and found those to be a bit more fun. This one is still not bad given the location, but its very commercialized and safe for family fun. Wouldn't recommend it for hard core thrill seekers.

1  Thank biomase
Write a ReviewReviews (1,739)
All reviews
"nature walk"
"adrenaline rush"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I am TERRIFIED of heights, but I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the zip lining at Monteverde Cloud Forest. I've ziplined twice before (once in Laos and once is Kentucky) but these lines were the highest and the longest I've ever seen. The longest was something like 2750 feet...that's half a mile! Our guides were very friendly and I never felt unsafe. Some of the lines were so long that we had to go across two at a time. That was pretty fun.

They will provide you with a GoPro to mount to your helmet for free. You can review the footage after and have the option to buy it. They also have a guy taking photos at the first line and you can buy prints of those for $12 each if you want,

Super fun. I'd love to go again.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Also turned out to be a great place to see wildlife. The guides were knowledgable and so much fun! This was a life experience that I will never forget.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My sister and I, both on the high side of 50, did the tree canopy tour followed by the zip lining adventure. Imagine 2 older women strapped into harnesses being hurled through the air - 9 times!! You do need to climb towers for the first few zip lines, but it is so worth it. The guides make you feel welcome, comfortable and safe. We went in Nov, mid-week (Wed) & in the morning. There were only 4 in our group ( 2 young guys from NY) with 2 guides & a camera crew. Not rushed & no waiting. If you want to shoot your own video tell the guide & one will ride tandem with you so you can hold your camera. Just ask. The gloves provided were a little big for our hands. We bought the video - so worth it. Ignore your age & Enjoy!!

1  Thank Iris H