“Great Ambiance”

Cuisines: Costa Rican, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Had dinner here with a large group. I had the papaya smoothie to get things started and it was great! For dinner, I ordered the Mango and Tamarind Pork Loin and it was great! I almost licked the plate clean because of the sauce. If you find yourself in the area, stop by and I doubt you'll be dissappointed.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,292)

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Ate here on our first night as it was one of few places open after our late arrival. While it does feel a bit touristy, the tables are stunning as are the paintings that cover the walls. The ambiance is nice with doors that were open to the breeze, candles flickering, there was even the biggest butterfly (real) flitting above our heads as we ate!

Both my and the hubbys Casados were delicious and filling, albeit slightly more expensive than smaller places in town.

In response to complaints about the wait staff, remember that servers in CR are much more curt than we are used to, don't take it personally. Also, don't forget your tip is almost always included on your bill. We usually gave 10% more if the service was excellent.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

my family ate dinner here after a long day of zip lines. we sat upstairs, with doors open and saw a beautiful, full rainbow. The thick wooden tables are shaped like butterflies (costa rican morpho). My wife and I each had steak - mine with mushrooms and hers with blue cheese topping. one of my sons had sea bass, the other had fettuccini alfredo. another great meal in monteverde!

1  Thank Ken M
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I had a very enjoyable lunch at Morphos. I shared the Morphos hamburger with a friend b/c it is a double meat burger. They give generous portions. The burger was very flavorful & filling. My other friend had the 6 inch grilled chicken sandwich & it was at least 9 inches long. A good value for the price. Beautiful decor also, I loved all the murals in the restaurant.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Excellent wifi in case you are in need. Fun interior, relaxing, very clean rest room, very pleasant and nice wait staff. Let us park the car in the lot while we visited the town. Delicious!!! pineapple shake with milk. Good casado con chuleta, beans not as tasty as in some sodas, but good for a more touristy spot. Would go there again in a minute.