“We fell in love with this place and its people!”

Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde
Ranked #1 of 14 Santa Elena B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“We fell in love with this place and its people!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I traveled through Costa Rica for 3 weeks in June and our stay in Monteverde, at the Camino Verde Bed&Breakfast, was one of the highlights of our trip. First of all, the place is gorgeous. It's located right above the clouds and it makes for an amazing sunrise and sunset. Secondly, the place is very clean, well situated (5 min walk to the centre of town), the all around vibe is fun and the staff is incredible! Jose helped us book our excursions, gave us great advices on where to go and what to do. Every night we chilled with the other guests and staff and just enjoyed ourselves while having a beer in the lobby bar. It was perfect! Also, there's an adorable little Soda (local restaurant) called Soda La Amistad, right besides the entrace of the B&B and it's mmmm mmmm good and quite cheap! A must try!

All in all, I TOTALLY recommend this place, without any hesitation!

If I ever come back to Costa Rica, i'll stop there again for sure!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was one of our favorite hostel experiences in Costa Rica. The owner and staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. We really felt like guests in someone's home. They were very helpful in arranging all of our sight seeing. The room we had was private, cutely decorated, and was perfect after the long drive though the "road" to Monte Verde. The hotel/hostel was on a side road away from everything with quaint local cafe's, bars, and restaurants in walking distance. The view over the valley was very beautiful. Breakfast was nice also! Definitely would recommend it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Playa Grande, Costa Rica
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I have been travelling in Costa Rica for 9 months with our small daughter. We spent 3 days in Monteverde at Camino Verde and we could have stayed much longer. We weren't sure what to expect because the price is so low, but it was a great place to stay. The room we had was simple and clean, the breakfast was amazing every day, and the staff were amazing. They really make the place special. They were super helpful and very kind. We would definitely stay here again, and would recommend it to everyone visiting Monteverde.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Comayagua, Comayagua
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I booked Camino Verde kind of on the run; last minute. So I was sort of expecting your run of the mill hostel, just a little more pricey because of the location. Not so. I was immediately greeted by the friendly Andres; one of the sons of this family-owned and operated business. He is bilingual and completely connected with the interrelationships of the town and the companies offering all the tours. He is your personal travel agent and it is such a relief if you're used to handling that all yourself. He and his mother virtually run the entire operation. She makes breakfast every morning, offering the biggest variety of continental breakfast I've seen, made to order; typical, American, and otherwise.

After staying in normal old hostels, it was awesome to walk in the room and feel more like I was in a hotel. Nice bed/bath, hot water, very clean, t.v., wifi. As a traveler, I'll just say it felt like a hotel and not a hostel. I had a private room/bath, can't speak for the others. In fact, I stayed an extra night before heading off to my next location. I wish I had stayed longer, in retrospect. It is a great location, has a fantastic view, and other like-minded travelers. Only thing to be aware of is that the common area closes at nine. So just make sure you have what you need/want out of the kitchen before they lock up. And laundry is pricey ($9), so do it before you get there. Otherwise, you really couldn't ask for more for your money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Bozeman, Montana, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I went to Monteverde for a weekend trip. My friend had told me that Camino Verde was a good place to stay, so we made reservations there. Andres was SO HELPFUL when I called and needed to change reservations last minute to accommodate an extra person. He is fluent in English, so you don't need to worry about any translation problems.

We arrived on the public bus late Friday night. Camino Verde is about a 5 minute walk from the bus station, and right near the main road. The rooms are a good size, and very clean! It was definitely the nicest place I stayed in out of all my trips in Costa Rica (and I travelled around for almost 2 months!).

Andres is so helpful. We didn't know exactly what we wanted to do in town, and he helped us figure out what our options were. He even called a few local tour guides to figure out which park/nature reserve had been spotting the most wildlife lately!

Breakfast was DELICIOUS. We had our choice of four different meals, all cooked fresh for us. It was amazing compared to the continental bar breakfast I am used to while traveling.

I would recommend Camino Verde to anyone who will be staying in Monteverde. It is by far the best place you will stay at.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I loved everything about this hostel, it is beautiful, relaxing, and has the best owners you'll find in Costa Rica! FIVE STARS! You cannot ask for a better place to stay, it is super close to the center of town, super market, bars, restaraunts, and more!

• Stayed June 2013
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The hostel is nice and cheap, and its people are excellent. The owner is native to Santa Elena and his suggestions for traveling in the region were key during our trip. The hostel organizes very interesting tours to the most important attractions of the region.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel Belmar
Hotel Belmar
#1 of 20 in Monteverde
Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge

Been to Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde? Share your experiences!