The most friendly staff I met in Costa Rica! They speak English very well and will help you book anything that you need. They are there starting from 7am till the evening.
This place has a hostel atmosphere, with a nice common area including a kitchen you can use to cook your own dinner/lunch. It is a great place to meet other travelers and even hang out when it is rainy.
This place is 3 minutes walk from "downtown" Santa Elena - so it is not very central, but it is quiet and close enough for most purposes. There are 2 sodas (small local restaurants) next door, so you can get something for lunch/dinner with minimum walking when it rains. There is also a small store very close, so you can buy the basics if you are planning on a quick do-it-yourself dinner in the kitchen.
The Wifi is working well, and there are several somewhat slow computers that you can use.
Breakfast is good and portions are good enough for the average traveler.
The rooms are basic, clean and welcoming. There is hot water all day long to shower, but none in the sink so men - shave with cold water, or in the shower, or not at all...
There is no A/C in the rooms, but since the Monte Verde area is by far the coolest in Costa Rica, you don't really need it. There is also no safe, but the management testifies the area to be very safe, and it indeed felt (and was) okay.
As for the name of the place - there are actually several names for this place:
- Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast (used to be Camino Verde hotel in "downtown" which does not exist any more).
- Cabinas Tina's Casitas
- Hotel Atardecer
There are 2 buildings, one across the other, same owner and same management. I guess each has its own name, but I am not sure which is which, and definitely cannot explain the third name... This is all very confusing, but if you care for what exact room you get - just make sure to clarify that when making the reservation.
The building on the reception/management side is usually filled up first, so staying on the other side can be a bit empty in low season. To access that "other side" late at night, you need to enter from the rare entrance (where the parking is).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camino Verde B&B is a "Bed and Breakfast" style lodging opened in 2009 and located on the edge of Santa Elena. The B&B is laid out in the style of a family house and guests are encouraged to treat it as their home. The building was in fact once the owner's family home which gave inspiration to this 'Tica House' designed hotel.The B&B is situated a 5 minute walk from the town centre of Santa Elena, but is far enough away for it to be quiet and have more rural surroundings. This is the perfect option for those who crave the quiet side of the countryside but who require the amenities provided in a town. FACILITIES: Camino Verde B&B comprises private rooms which sleep 2 to 4 guests. Four of the rooms have shared bathroom facilities and the rest are en suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Verde Bed And Breakfast Monteverde
- Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde Hotel Santa Elena
- Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde Costa Rica - Santa Elena