WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 14 Santa Elena B&B and Inns
Ohio, United States
“Fantastic Getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Camino Verde was a fantastic bed and breakfast located in Monteverde! Not only was it affordable, clean, and comfortable, but the service was also great. Jose made us feel very welcome and a complimentary, freshly made breakfast was offered each morning. The location is within walking distance to town, where there are some cute souvenir shops, sodas, and a grocery store. Definitely would recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Two bed, private room is fantastic for $15 a bed! Definitely worth it!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Everyone at Camino Verde B&B were helpful, friendly and treat you like family. Jose recommended and booked a night tour and zip line tour that were both exceptional and fun. Jose was available to meet any of your needs and has many recommendations for this to see, do or eat in Monteverde. Monteverde is a safe town and I felt very comfortable walking through town at night. The people of Monteverde are very friendly and I met other guests from all over the world at Camino Verde. Camino Verde is within walking distance to everything in town. I highly recommend staying at Camino Verde.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Québec
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

The staffs were very helpfull and friendly. We had a lot of accomodations included (free calls to Canada and America, Good breakfast, t.v and computers...) There is also a very great commune place. We enjoyed our time a lot!

Ca va bien!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at Camino Verde in May 2013, the staff were super hospitable, friendly and accommodating. They exceeded my expectations in every way to make my stay in the area perfect for me!
The B&B was very clean, and the ambience was happy and spirited, as if you're at home with friends.
I enjoyed Monteverde/Santa Elena so incredibly that I returned again in June. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2013
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

We had made reservations before leaving the States for 2 nights at Camino Verde in mid-May. After 2 days in La Fortuna we planned to go to Liberia but decided to change our plans and try to add a 3rd night at Camino Verde. We called on the day we intended to arrive and talked to Evert. We were very pleased that we were able to add the extra night. Evert was a wealth of information and helped us book tours, and directed us to a gas station where we could also get a flat tire repaired. We appreciated being able to use the refrigerator for our picnic supplies, and the breakfast every day was wonderful – hearty pancakes, scrambled eggs, and tasty fresh fruit – the perfect way to start each day of hiking and sightseeing. Because this is a hostel/b&b rather than a hotel it was also nice to have the opportunity to meet many travelers from all over the world and compare notes on things to see and do. After long days we really enjoyed taking a glass of wine to the enclosed porch on the back of the building to relax a bit before turning in for the night. One night we had an adorable companion – a small dog who was curled up and sound asleep on the bean-bag chair. He never woke up but we were entertained watching him squirming around, stretching, and dreaming. Our room and ensuite bathroom were very clean and comfortable, good wi-fi was handy, and we loved the “bottle walls” – someday we’ll make one of our own. Thank you for everything Evert, and we’re also glad we were able to meet you Jose, and your family on our last day at Camino Verde.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Orford, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Jose was a wonderful host. All the people working there were friendly & helpful. The breakfasts were delicious. And everything was spotlessly clean. Hard to do on a dirt road with a new wall being constructed outside. Fun wall with bottles that will be lighted at night. A quiet place close to everything.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Terrell, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at the Camino Verde B&B in April 2013 and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Jose was very accommodating both before our visit via email, and in person during our stay. Jose was helpful but not at all in an intrusive (or pushy) way. When asked, he readily provided very helpful advice and assisted in arranging a night walk (different and exciting) and the Sky Trek Zip Line (fantastic). The accommodations are not fancy but provide everything that one needs. The room was clean and comfortable with a private bath and TV. Check out times were very flexible which we really appreciated. Access to the kitchen is an added benefit. We were able to store our water bottles in the fridge so we’d have cold water for our long drive the next day. For breakfast, you could choose from a couple of menu items and the food was very good and plentiful. After leaving Monteverde, I realized I had left my travel alarm clock (which happened to be a recent birthday gift from my kids). I emailed Jose and he responded quickly. He was able to find the clock and after a series of email exchanges, he arranged for it to be sent by courier (for a small fee) to another hotel that I was staying at. He even called me to make sure the arrangements would be OK and that I understood what he was doing. His help in getting my clock back to me was really above and beyond. I’ve lost items at major hotels before and never found anyone interested in returning the items. I was really impressed with everything about my stay, and with Jose. I’ve traveled a lot but prefer to stay in small local inexpensive accommodations rather than large, fancy, expensive chains. If you are like me, then I highly recommend Camino Verde B&B.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel Belmar
Hotel Belmar
#1 of 22 in Monteverde
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,160 reviews

Been to Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde? Share your experiences!