“Camino Verde MADE our weekend...”

Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde
Ranked #1 of 15 Santa Elena B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My trip to Monteverde was absolutely amazing and I can honestly say that the hospitality me and mis amigas recieved was the reason! The effort that we recieved from the staff to make us feel welcome and comfortable was refreshing after such a long day of travel and continued throughout the weekend. Upon arival, we immediately knew we had made a good desicion choosing Camino Verde based on how the staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything set up for the weekend ahead. We mentioned which activities we wanted to do when we got there, and a staff member set all the transportation up for us so all we had to do was be in the reception area at the right time. At night the dinning/entertainment area was the place to be. You can buy a beer from the mini fridge and talk to other guests or a staff member and play uno (if thats your thing). The last day we were there, Andres, the manager, drove us to an amazing tree that was formed in a way that you climb into it. He stayed while we climbed it and was our personal photographer. This is just one of the many examples of kindness the staff had while going out of there way to make our weekend memorable. After our stay, we decided that we would come back to Camino Verde for our last weekend in Costa Rica and we are looking forward to it! I have been to a lot of hostels but never have been shown the kindess and hospitality that we were shown here and thats something you cant pay for. I highly recomend Camino Verde to anyone traveling to the Monteverde area if you want the best experience for a great price!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,078)

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Over the past three months I have in many different places throughout Costa Rica and this place is hands down the best! You cannot beat the price for everything you get and the service you receive!! Upon arrival we were picked up from the bus station and driven to Camino Verde where we were shown different places we could see and different activities we could do. We were recommended some amazing places to eat!! You can also use the kitchen which we used to make dinner one night!!! There is a really nice common area where you can chill with your friends , watch soccer or do whatever. The included breakfast is amazing!!! We were in a room that fit 6 people and it was spacious and clean!! Andres arranged all the activities we wanted to do and the logistics! My favorite place Andres took us to was to the tree, it was amazing and it something that you have to do if you are there!! We loved this place so much we arranged a second trip while we were still there!!! I highly recommend Camino Verde if you are visiting Monteverde or any place around there!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Beautiful hostel, and the staff is superb. They set up some great excursions and gave great recommendations for all over town. Nice clean rooms, good set up. Very well priced as well. I have already planned my next trip back!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

A group of girlfriends and I went to Monteverde and absolutely loved it! But a big part of our awesome experience was the place we stayed. I found Camino Verde B&B online, and it got really great reviews. So I called ahead and reserved a private room w/ private bathroom for 6 people. The owner of the place met us at the bus stop and drove us to the B&B. (*note: He was there BEFORE us, so there wasn't any confusion or need to take a taxi.) It only cost us $12/person per night, and that included wifi in the room (really convenient), a full service kitchen and breakfast. The owner was great at providing information for things to do around Santa Elena and Monteverde, and he drove us around to several different places. The atmosphere at Camino Verde is very relaxed and fun. We ended up booking another weekend here because it was so great. So if you're going to stay anywhere, stay here. I promise you'll love it!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

During the last two months I've spent in Costa Rica I've traveled just about every weekend. I can safely say that my weekend in Monteverde was one of the best, if not the best, weekend I've had so far thanks to my stay at Camino Verde. It's very inexpensive per night, and for that price you get very comfortable and clean accommodations, access to a kitchen, common room, and TV, activity planning, AMAZING breakfast, and wonderful hosts. They even included free calls to the US, which was a unique and wonderful amenity. Six of us stayed very comfortably in a suite together and appreciated a very spacious room and private bathroom.
Upon arrival to Camino Verde we were welcomed with a ride from the bus station to the hostel, where we were given an overview of all of the potential activities for the weekend. Andres planned all of the logistics of the excursions for us, and we were able to relax and do everything that we'd hoped in two (too short!) days. In the evenings we enjoyed cooking dinner and relaxing at the hostel. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone visiting the Santa Elena/Monteverde area. And don't forget to ask about climbing the tree!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We paid $20 a night for a double room shared bath, but as he had the room free we were upgraded to a room with TV (english channels!) and private bath. Included in the price was a big breakfast of pancakes/eggs/fruit/gallo pinto. Even with a shared bath this would have been a great stay. The rooms are in a separate building to the kitchen area so pretty quiet. The walls between rooms are quite thin so as long as they are quiet you will sleep easy. Its centrally located, and near the supermarket so we were able to cook for ourselves. They can arrange lots of tours.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Camino Verde is the best hostel I've ever visited. I honestly can't understand how it is such an incredible value- the place is clean, beautiful, in a good location, and it costs so little to stay there. DELICIOUS breakfast is even included. The owners are SO, SO nice, help you plan out your whole trip, and make you feel very comfortable in their hostel. But truly, it is such a beautiful place with a big kitchen, dining room (with a huge flat screen TV playing great videos of concerts and free movies!!), rooms that are nicer than the last 4 star hotel i stayed in, etc. Everything is wonderful. Hands down the best hostel in the world that I know of.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Elena
#4 of 20 in Monteverde
Monteverde Lodge & Gardens
Monteverde Lodge & Gardens
#3 of 20 in Monteverde

Been to Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde? Share your experiences!