“Great Value, Great location, Good times!!”

Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde
Ranked #1 of 14 Santa Elena B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Camino Verde is a great place to stay, the location above the main town gives great views out over the Pacific and is easily accessible from the centre. The rooms are exceptionally clean and equipped with en-suite and TV. At breakfast I recommend the pancakes, although you may also choose from tropical fruits or a more traditional tico breakfast. It all smells amazing!

For me Andres the owner makes this place what it is, his charm and laid back style make you feel instantly at ease and it is clear that he loves his business. You really get the feeling he wants to make your stay the best it can be. On arriving he gave me the low down on activities, tours and places to eat and had a genuine interest in my travels, even helping me plan my onward travel to the coast. Cheers mate :)

Great Value, Great location and Good times to be had at Camino Verde!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 26, 2011

When I arrived at this hostel in Monteverde I was met by the very friendly owner Andres who made sure that I was comfortable and safe. Not only was he professional, but the hostel was tidy and clean. Andres was kind and very thorough in making sure that I enjoyed my stay. When organizing my plans in San Jose the tour operator messed up almost all of my itinerary, without Andres I would have been dissapointed and woud have missed out on all my activities. He fmade sure I got to where I needed to be and sorted everything out, while not letting me worry about a thing. The hostel also included a free breakfast which had a few different options and was quite enjoyable. This hostel is top in my books and you would be silly not to stop in here and stay for a while.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Our stay at Camino Verde B&B was perfect. Although the place was a little hard to find, once we did find it, the uphill location was quiet and beautiful. The B and B has cute, clean, rooms with comfortable beds and clean bathrooms and the breakfast and coffee is awesome (not to mention the fact that you have three choices and its made to order). The owners Andres and Evert were the nicest, most gracious accomodating hosts and helped us with everything from Cloud Forest Tours to booking our TransNica bus a week out. I can't say enough good things about the B&B and would definitely go back and stay there!! The only thing I would say is that if you are travelling alone and/or looking for a "party scene", stay at the Camino Verde Hostel part of the hotel that is located on the "main strip" of Santa Elena. The B&B was laid back, off the beaten path and quiet and we met a lot of great people but we weren't looking for a crazy scene so it suited us very well.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Andres, the manager, totally makes this bed and breakfast what it is - from the very moment we arrived until we left nothing was too much trouble. He is super friendly and helpful.
Our room was very basic but all we needed, with double bed, attached bathroom and a TV. It opened out onto a fantastic little lounging area with rocking chairs (!) and views (on a good day) down the valley and over the rest of Santa Elena. The free wifi was fast and the included breakfast very good.
Our organised tour to the Cloud Forest was amazing (Danilo our guide did everything he could to make sure we saw a quetzel) and the night tour very interesting (watch out for the tarantula!).
The restaurant that Andres' parents own is really good as well as the soda next door to the B&B.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
andres86crc, Manager at Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2011

I'm so happy you had a good time, and that you were able to see a quetzal and the tarantulas! Thank' you for the comment.

Reviewed May 16, 2011

We had a great stay here in Monteverde. The owner, Andres, was super helpful and friendly. The room was very nice with a fast wifi internet connection and a clean bathroom with good shower.

Reviewed May 13, 2011

Camino Verde was the first place we stayed once getting to Costa Rica, and I am so glad we found it. The people there are so friendly, and Andres and Jose (someone who helped fill while he was away) were both so helpful and friendly while booking tours and buses for our trip.

The rooms are clean, and it is a short 5 minute walk into town. The view is amazing and the common area is also quaint. I think my favorite thing was waking up to the most delicious breakfast every morning, and awesome coffee!

I have travelled through many countries and stayed at many hostels and this one is definitely one of my favorite. If you are in Santa Elena then definitely stay at the Camino Verde!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We stayed at the Camino Verde for two nights on our trip to Santa Elana, and we were both pleasantly surprised. It may be true that it is not luxury, but it was still a great place! The room we stayed in had two double beds, a 13" TV and a private bathroom (hot water was hit or miss). The breakfast served in the morning was delicious and the cook was very accommodating to our needs. There is free WIFI for those who bring their laptops or smart phones, and they have one computer for anyone to use - it worked every day we were there. The B&B itself is maybe a five minute walk from the center of Santa Elana, and all of the restaurants/bars.

I'd definitely recommend this B&B to anyone traveling to Santa Elana / Monteverde. Andres, the manager, is very friendly and will do anything to ensure that your stay is a positive one and will also help arrange any tours that you are interested in!

1  Thank PathoSteve
Monteverde Cloud Forest Lodge
Hotel Belmar
Hotel Belmar
#1 of 20 in Monteverde

Been to Camino Verde Bed & Breakfast Monteverde? Share your experiences!