Cabinas El Pueblo Bed & Breakfast
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$98
  • Breakfast included
$90
$87
  • Breakfast included
Hotel El Sueno(Santa Elena)
$26
$60
$236
$229
Hotels.com
$45
All reviewsthe kitchenthe ownercosta ricaprivate roomsmall streamfree breakfastbudget optionpancakesdelicious coffeeevery morningcommunal areastwo nightsvarious activitiesbreakfast is servedin towna great stayincluded in the price
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Everything was first rate: our room, the breakfasts, kitchen facilities and the booking of tours. Marleny and Freddy and their staff made us feel very welcome. We were there for a week and we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Arriving in Monteverde in the evening, we would have been more likely to stay in one of the first hostels we saw but this hostel, tucked 100 m behind the supermercado (down a little dirt path), felt like arriving home. The rooms are clean and comfortable and we got to choose our breakfast from a selection, which was delicious and freshly prepared for us the next morning. The back patio has tables and hammocks where you can relax, and the kitchen is large and fully equiped. We especially enjoyed the fresh coffee they served and the owner was so kind he gave us a free bag to take with us when we left. Amazing value, friendly atmosphere and overall a very good choice for our two nights in Monteverde!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a droom with a double bed and shared bathroom; it wasn't very big but it had a nice window and was clean, so no complaints!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff O
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights traveling solo. The staff were pretty friendly in person, however I found all the signs about possible fines a bit insulting. If you washed your own clothes in the bathroom there was a fine. Another fine if you had a guest, if you stayed past 10am check out, if you washed your shoes with their towel. Then there was breakfast. You have to sign up on the kitchen whiteboard by 8pm the night before. Breakfast was pretty simple and few choices and small portions. However, the sign said breakfast was a courtesy not a right, so sit down, shut up and like it....or there will be a fine. Access to the hotel was up a steep ramp. Those with mobility issues, I would advise looking elsewhere. The desk books tours for you. I was confused by the receptionists answers when I asked about specifics though. The Monteverde area is very nice, just plan on a long trip up the mountain on mostly gravel roads. The town itself has a lack of parking and this hostel only had a small area at the side of the road for parking. It looked like the three cars that were there when I visited was about the max.

I would strongly recommend to this hostel that they take down all the individual posters and fines from the rooms and common areas. It just looks tacky, especially since they all had English spelling and grammar errors. If the management needs some kind of guideline for guests, consolidate it into one page, get it proofed for spelling and handout to guests in check in. Please treat your guests like guests instead of unruly children. Your accommodation may be budget but it is a business and if you want business to improve, you can start by improving your guests' experience.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank StarrsySmith
Monteverde Host... C, Propietario at Cabinas El Pueblo Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Hello Dear Star
I am sorry that your stay is not the best, and if we have clear rules to follow, because in all hostel's rules that we must follow.
As that after 10:00 pm should not be noise as there are people who need some rest and sleep.
No it bothers you because this rule if you can not sleep well you mind, I'm sorry that was not the ideal place.
The breakfast at my hostel is one of the best of all hostels in Monteverde.
we have rules that are towels after the bath to clean shoes and not because that's not the proper use of the towel.
And between this hotel rules that do not allow people who do not stay in the hostel for the same security as the host could be lost something and we want to avoid a bad time.

We have two parking one right next to my hostel and another in front of my hostel.

Really sorry that your stay is not the best, but there are rules to respect.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a lovely bnb in monteverde!!! The staff were really friendly and helpful. The room was lovely, clean, big, nicely decorated, with fridge, tv and bathroom! And an excellent price!!! Free breakfast in the mornings and was so nice to have free tea n coffee all the time as its cold up there!!!The tours on offer are great and well worth booking through the bnb as u have security and can get money back if anything changes. A really nice atmosphere here.

Room Tip: We chose a double with bathroom upstairs which was only an extra 6 dollars I think and well worth it. It had double and bunk beds so would be good for group too.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This place is definitely very good value for your money. Remember it's a hostel though so don't expect luxury. The front desk is the only stop you need for your tours which is of course very convenient. I stayed for 4 nights and had to switch rooms after 2 nights. This way I got to try two rooms. The first room got very noisy at night because the wind (and there is a lot of wind around here) would bash in on the door which was a bit loose.
Be careful with the safe at the front office, official opening time says 9pm but I wasn't able to get my stuff at 8:30pm one night. A minor inconvenience for me, but this could be a major problem if you have to catch a bus before the front desk opens the next day.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo