The rooms are large (incl. kitchen) and comfortable with attractive décor. The grounds add to the pleasant experience, I just enjoyed observing the birds and iguanas on site. This hotel fronts the beach and you will often see horses (even cattle) there.
My room was the closest to the bar, which is open to the public and can get a bit noisy. I was not particularly bothered by this, it was the low season and I think for 2 of my 3 day stay there, I was the only guest. I imagine though that it might be a different story in the high season. The plus was that I had a humming bird feeder just outside this room, loved just watching them.
Downside, no internet access in the room, had to step outside every time I wanted to use the Wi Fi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tambor Tropical is an intimate boutique beach resort on Costa Rica's beautiful Nicoya Peninsula. Nestled on the on the bay, our resort offers guests a private and luxurious vacation in the less traveled Playa Tambor. Relax in the comfort of one of our 12 spacious beachfront suites, swim in our gorgeous mosaic-tiled pool, indulge in massage treatments, enjoy the cuisine of our full-service restaurant or explore the nearby jungle via many guided adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tambor Tropical Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambor Tropical Beach Hotel Playa Tambor
- Tambor Tropical Playa
- Tambor Tropical Hotel Playa