We visited Costa Rica from Jan 12 – 19, 2011. We spent 2 nights in San Jose, and 5 wonderful nights @ Tango Mar in Tambor, Costa Rica. What an experience! Upon arrival, we were welcomed by friendly staff; delicious exotic drinks, refreshing cold towels, and the owner personally greeted us and showed us to our room. We had an ocean front room, very clean and what a view! The waves are mesmerizing…The pools and grounds are impeccable, very well maintained. Flowers everywhere and palm trees in just the right places. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner by the ocean every single day. Speaking of which….the food was out of this world. Tango Mar’s chefs are creative and the food was so fresh. The menu consisted of succulent filet mignon, tender mahi-mahi, lobster, grilled octopus, jumbo coconut shrimp; homemade fresh tagliatelle and those mussels gratinee, always an encore. The service was top notch, the waiters remembered our names from the 1st day and always greeted us whether they were serving us or not. Hilde, the owner, is a classy woman who has a keen eye for detail and a remarkable sense for perfection. She has the utmost respect for her employees and treats them like family. We will definitely be going back to Tango Mar and referring this establishment to our family and friends. Tango Mar is exceptional as well as unique and has made our vacation in Costa Rica a memorable one.
Melissa and Gabriel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor