Tango Mar was our last stop on our honeymoon. Just a warning. If you hate to fly, find other means of transportaion to Tambor. We flew from San Jose to Tambor. It was not a pleasent flight.
The hotel picked us up from the landing strip (there is no airport). The hotel is tucked away from everythig. Don't plan on going out to dinner away from the hotel.
The hotel is beautiful. We stayed in the Tropical suites. They are located up on top of a hill. There are stairs to get to the rooms. The hotel and the tiki suites are on the beach. The tropical suites were beautiful. There are three to a building and we had ours to ourself. They seem to spred out the guests. We also had a small pool for the suites. We did have many guests in our room. We had a crab, a few geckos, ants and spiders. None of them bothered us. They were never near the bed, just on the walls and near the toliet and shower.
The pool is great. The beach is wonderful and private. There was hardly anyone on the beach. Even the pool was queit. There is also a nice area with hammocks that is vey quiet. This is not a partying hotel. Most of the guest sat by the pool reading. It is a place to relax.
The restaurant was wonderful. The food was amazing and the service was excellent. The prices were great, very reasonable for what you get. The last night we had a private dinner on the beach. It was very romantic.
We were very impressed by the staff. They really cater to the guests. The staff went above and beyond. You truely felt like a welcomed guest. It was very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The well-hidden secret of Tango Mar is located on the beautiful, deserted Quizales beach at the Nicoya Peninsula on Costa Rica's Pacific Coast. It is a 150-acre (60Ha) exclusive private beachfront reserve with ample of added attractions. The blend of fine accommodations with exuberant jungle vegetation, exotic birds and wildlife makes Tango Mar the ideal hideaway for anyone who wants to enjoy refinement in a natural setting. With only 45 rooms, the philosophy of Tango Mar is to provide a personal, friendly, relaxed and attentive service Tango Mar has a 9-hole Executive Golf Course (par 3 and par 4), two lightened tennis courts, a soccer field, four swimming pools, stables with horses, 2 restaurants and bars, meeting room, Spa, an organic garden and natural trails. It offers different types of lodgings; Beahfront rooms that mainly cater to families, Tropical Suites and Deluxe Beachfront Rooms for couples and Tiki suites for the most demanding. All rooms have been recently renovated, have a private bath and are equipped with a/c, phone, satellite TV, a safety deposit box, WIFI, minibar upon request and a coffee maker with complementary coffee. We also have private beachfront Villas for families or small groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa And Golf Resort
- Tango Mar Beach, Spa & Golf Hotel Tambor
- Tango Mar Beach Hotel
- Tango Mar Beach Tambor